OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 10:20:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Evangeline  (Read 1351 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »

A friend and fellow GOC priest in our Metropolis had a sick granddaughter (infant, born with brain tumors).  Little Evangeline died today, a little less than a year old, thankfully she was baptized.  Please pray for her and for her parents who are both very young (this was their first child), and for the grandparents.

In Christ,

Fr Anastasios
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:41:53 PM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

How sad!  Cry

Lord have mercy!

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:52:06 PM »

Give rest eternal, O Lord, in blessed repose, to the soul of Thy departed handmaiden, the baby Evangeline, and make her memory eternal.  Cry

Lord have mercy on her grieving parents, grandparents and friends.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

Lord, have mercy on the poor parents! And Memory Eternal to the poor child...

I don't know... will this other world ever come, or are all these poor Evangelines in vain, a mistake, or - as secular humanists say - a reminder to us that we, rather than believeing in gods and other worlds, should just learn more about genes, tumors, diseases...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:58:16 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Lord have mercy, memory eternal little Evangeline (such a lovely name)! How very, very sad... Cry

Yes, please, please, dear scientists, learn more about these things. Please learn more about less invasive treatments, please, please. If I would be younger and smarter, I would devote my life to this.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:09:13 PM by Rosehip » Logged

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »

I don't know... will this other world ever come, or are all these poor Evangelines in vain, a mistake, or - as secular humanists say - a reminder to us that we, rather than believeing in gods and other worlds, should just learn more about genes, tumors, diseases...

"Let me tell you of the so-called 'good things' of this life. Listen to them: sorrows and pleasures, angers and fears, hopes and desires. What is the evil then that has happened to your child who died early in life and was spared from these many and so powerful tyrants?" -St. Gregory of Nyssa

I cite these difficult words because I think that lives like hers are quite the opposite of being in vain, while many of us (myself included) know the reality we live in yet continue to sin.

I could discuss my views on how the secular world views this all but it wouldn't be appropriate in the prayer forum. I'd be happy to share my thoughts with you if you'd like to engage, but if you were just speaking "out loud" that's understandable and fine too. It's a difficult topic for any of us to fully grasp let alone accept.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:15:55 PM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

Eternal be her memory!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »

Memory eternal!  Lord have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »

How sad Sad - Memory Eternal.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »

Lord have mercy, memory eternal little Evangeline (such a lovely name)! How very, very sad... Cry

Yes, please, please, dear scientists, learn more about these things. Please learn more about less invasive treatments, please, please. If I would be younger and smarter, I would devote my life to this.

Unfortunately, I am already 51.5 and not that full of energy either... but I am sure that if my totally atheist daughter's son or daughter will become a medical scientist, he/she will learn more about all that, and help prevent the cases of the future Evangelines from happening.

Love never fails.
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »

"Let me tell you of the so-called 'good things' of this life. Listen to them: sorrows and pleasures, angers and fears, hopes and desires. What is the evil then that has happened to your child who died early in life and was spared from these many and so powerful tyrants?" -St. Gregory of Nyssa

I cite these difficult words because I think that lives like hers are quite the opposite of being in vain, while many of us (myself included) know the reality we live in yet continue to sin.

I could discuss my views on how the secular world views this all but it wouldn't be appropriate in the prayer forum. I'd be happy to share my thoughts with you if you'd like to engage, but if you were just speaking "out loud" that's understandable and fine too. It's a difficult topic for any of us to fully grasp let alone accept.

Father, you are right, and I am sorry for distracting this forum from its task. Yes, I am praying, too.

Love never fails.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

Poor child.  Poor parents.  Cry

May she rest in peace and light perpetual shine upon her.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:16 PM »

Memory Eternal to the Holy Innocent,,,Baby Evangeline....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 12:45:00 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »

Memory eternal. Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »

Memory Eternal to the Baby Evangeline.

Lord have mercy and grant strength to her parents, grandparents and all who loved her.

I am sure she will be missed.  I am also sure her life was not in vain.  She must have brought much joy to her parents, even if sorrow followed.
No birth, or life, is ever in vain.

Lord have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »

Memory eternal!  Lord have mercy on her family.   Cry

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »

Memory eternal!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: