OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:48:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Μεταφράσεις όρων  (Read 985 times)
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« on: July 06, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »

Πώς μπορεί να μεταφραστεί η λέξη jurisdiction και πώς η Oriental Ορθοδοξία;

Trying to find the translation for jurisdiction and Oriental [Orthodoxy].
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:36:05 PM by GammaRay » Logged

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »

Don't think either exist, at least not in the same way they are used in English.

Of course, there is a word for "jurisdiction" in Greek (δικαιοδοσία), and it is used to describe the territory within which authority can be exercised by a bishop...but I haven't seen any Greek publications using it to refer to "overlapping jurisdictions" like we do in English.

Regarding Oriental Orthodox: That's a real problem, b/c all of the dialogues were in English. (It actually doesn't make sense in English, either, because Oriental simply means "Eastern", from the Latin.) You should read Fr. John Romanides to see how he refers to the Oriental Orthodox. Theologically, the big distinction produced by the dialogues would be that between ο μονοφυσιτισμός and ο μιαφυσιτισμός -- maybe that's what he calls the Church/theological tradition as a whole.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Greece

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:40:06 PM »

Πώς μπορεί να μεταφραστεί η λέξη jurisdiction και πώς η Oriental Ορθοδοξία; Trying to find the translation for jurisdiction and Oriental [Orthodoxy].
Το Juridstiction (όπως προείπε ο pensateomnia) στα ελληνικά μεταφράζεται ως δικαιοδοσία. Στο Κανονικό Δίκαιο ονομάζεται "Κανονική Δικαιοδοσία" (Κανονική δηλ. σύμφωνη προς τους Ιερούς Κανόνες). 
Juridstiction (as pensateomnia has previously posted) in Greek is translated as δικαιοδοσία. In Canon Law it is rendered as "Κανονική Δικαιοδοσία-Canonical Juridstiction" (Canonical means according to the Holy Canons).
Τώρα το Oriental δεν χρησιμοποιείται. Ο καθηγητής Ιωάννης Καρμίρης τους ονομάζει "Αντιχαλκηδόνιους Ορθοδόξους". Ο π. Ιωάννης Ρωμανίδης τους ονομάζει "Μη-Χαλκηδόνιους Ορθοδόξους". Στο Θεολογικό Διάλογο, ονομάζονται από την δική μας πλευρά Μη-Χαλκηδόνιοι. Εγώ χρησιμοποιώ το Αντιχαλκηδόνιοι.
We do not use the name Oriental Orthodox. Prof. Ioannis karmiris names them "Anti-Chalcedonian Orthodox". Fr. Ioannis Romanidis calls them "Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox". In the dialogue between our Churches, we call them "Non-Chalcedonians". I use the name "Anti-Chalcedonians".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5JWZlpfBA
St. John Papadopoulos "The Koukouzelis"
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:27:19 AM »

Ευχαριστώ για όλα. Wink
(Πλάκα έχει το μισό-Αγγλικό/μισό-Ελληνικό.)

Thanks for evertything. Wink
(Half-English/Half-Greek is fun.)

Tongue
 Tongue

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: