OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 06:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: archbishop of Canterbury to meet with EP  (Read 942 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: November 16, 2003, 12:38:53 AM »

Archbishop visit

The archbishop of Canterbury is due in Istanbul on Monday for a three-day visit to Ecumenical Patriarch Vartholomaios, the patriarchate said yesterday. It will be Archbishop Rowan Williams’s first visit to Vartholomaios since he was appointed leader of the 77-million-member Anglican Communion in February. The two churchmen are to attend a meal on Monday, hosted by Turkey’s top Islamic cleric Ali Bardakoglu, to break a dawn-to-dusk fast held by Muslims during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, the Patriarchate said.

Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 02:15:52 AM »

I just hope Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't kiss Rowan's ring!  Wink
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 11:17:51 AM »

Yeah that would not be good. I really do not see the point of this meeting though. I'm sure they will discuss the gay "Bishop" in the US. But no matter what comes away from the The ABC has no real power. He already condemned the actions in the US. Maybe something good will come out of it besides a press opportunity.

I just hope Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't kiss Rowan's ring!  Wink
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: