OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 08:39:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: happy feast of Sts. Peter and Paul to all (new calendar, anyway!)  (Read 1152 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« on: June 29, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »

Through their intercessions, may we obtain from Christ God, the Great Mercy!

Happy feast!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »

Wow, is it here already?  Happy feast indeed!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »

Yeah, after the several weeks of Lent, and then the equally long Paschal season, Peter and Paul's fast always seems very short.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »

Yeah, after the several weeks of Lent, and then the equally long Paschal season, Peter and Paul's fast always seems very short.

It does, and especially when I haven't been participating in the food aspects of the fasts I find it's not as much of the feeling of crossing the finish line when the fasts are over.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »

I haven't been participating in the food aspects of the fasts.
Yes you have. Every pregnant woman fasts by definition.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »

I haven't been participating in the food aspects of the fasts.
Yes you have. Every pregnant woman fasts by definition.

True.  I was going to emphasize "not the food aspects" but then again I couldn't eat anything but quesadillas for about five months.  It's a reverse fast.  Wink

Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »

I neglected to see this post until now.  Thank you for it.  I've become particularly devoted to the Holy and Chief Apostle Paul, who is the patron saint of my beloved parish.  The day was celebrated appropriately at our parish by our diocesan archhierarch, His Eminence, the Most Reverend Maximos of Pittsburgh, presiding priest Fr. Costas Keares, Assistant to the Metropolitan Fr. Stelios, and area priests.  Between Great Vespers and the Archhierarchcal Divine Liturgy, there were 8 sets of Blessing of the Five Loaves Services this year!

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: