OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 04:49:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a friend & his family  (Read 1194 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: June 27, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

I would like to ask for prayers for a friend of mine. Last night was his birthday party and they had friends over from high school. Everyone was having fun and everything, and then a kid showed up to the party who had dated (and badly mistreated) my friend's younger sister.
Everything was cool for a while, the kid sang happy birthday to my friend... Then this happened...

We were all sitting there, and after they sang happy birthday, the kid started talking about another kid that also is a very bad influence on my friend's younger sister. My friend (who was very drunk by this time at about 1:00am) then, upon the mentioning of the kids name, jumped up, walked over, threw his little sister on the ground and picked the kid up... By that time, all the guys (and some girls) then grabbed him and sat him down to calm him down.
After this occurred, the kid then left and vowed not to have anything to do with that family ever again, and refused to even speak to my friend's little sister. (who obviously was very emotionally hurt by this)

After we all woke up this morning, I went downstairs and talked to my friend and he said he didn't remember anything after 12:00am, and was obviously very hurt and extremely sorry for what had happened. He went to talk to his little sister and said it looked like she had still been crying. He then called and apologized to the kid he almost beat up.

My friend and his family have had alcohol problems for a long time, the parents have had severe marital problems for years and have only stayed together to keep the house and the kids. My friend is attending a university that is several hours away and apparently has changed a lot (not really for the better), especially in the way he is when he drinks.

Please keep them in your prayers, tonight is another party (though my friend doesn't plan on drinking as much) and I pray nothing bad happens anymore.

Lord, have mercy on your servant, his whole family and those harmed by this event...

Holy Saint Polycarp, pray unto God for the servant and thy namesake, for his safety, healing of soul, mind and body and the healing of all wounds caused by this unfortunate event...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:43:47 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Polycarp and all his family and friends in these difficult times!

Love never fails.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 06:11:31 AM »

Lord Have Mercy!.....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »

I hope your friend is an Orthodox (or -at least- a Christian).

Lord have mercy.

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »

He's a Protestant, though doesn't regularly attend church, so far as I know, he almost never goes to church while at college.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »

Lord Have Mercy

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: