OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 05:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronia Polla, Nektarios!  (Read 1026 times) Average Rating: 0
Vicki

« on: November 08, 2003, 06:08:53 PM »

Happy Feast Day!

Tell Geronda in honor of your feast the board has decided that you should only do 100 metanyes! Grin

Vicki

Don't ask us for what, we are certain you did SOMETHING worthy of metanyes.

"Him whom the heavenly hosts glorify and before Whom Cherubim and Seraphim tremble, let every breath and all creation praise, bless and exalt throughout all ages."
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 09:15:22 PM »

+ò-Ã -ç+¦-ü+¦-â-ä-ë -Ç++++-Ã !  +æ+¦+¦+¦ +Â¥+¦+¦-ä+¼-ü+¦+¦ -Ç-ü+¦-â+¦+¦-Ã +¦ -Ã -Ç+¦-ü ++++-ë++!

Me do metanyes?  Everybody KNOWS that I am completely innocent though  Tongue Grin Tongue

+¥+¦+¦-ä+¼-ü+¦++-é
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 10:28:31 PM »

I'll do 100 AND NO MORE  Tongue
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 09:51:29 AM »

Sorry Vicki, niether Geronda was at the monastery yesterday (they were in Texas for Holy Archangels' feastday).  It was still a great blessing to be able to venerate the the holy relics of Saint Nektarios on his feastday and I stayed for the vigil to Saint Arsenios which was amazing.  

Nektarios
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 10:17:19 AM »

For those that don't know, Saint Nektarios' body remained incorrupt for twenty years after his death. Every few years they opened his grave and found him looking as though he had just been buried. After twenty years though, when they again opened his grave, they found that his flesh had completely dissolved.

One particular woman was greatly distressed at this and wondered why his body could not have remained incorrupt. Saint Nektarios appeared to her in a dream and explained that it was his desire for his flesh to dissolve so that his relics could then be distributed around the world.

John.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 10:18:04 AM by prodromos » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: