OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 03:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Saints of Britain and Ireland ~ 28 June 2009  (Read 1970 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »

Services to All Saints of Britain and Ireland this coming Sunday
the Third Sunday after Pentecost
28th June 2009

Just a reminder that in 2007 the Russian Orthodox Church established the Feast of All Saints of Great Britan and Ireland to be held annually on the Third Sunday After Pentecost.

Read the Decree from Moscow here
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13801.msg192615.html#msg192615

I have four liturgical texts which may be useful for parishes with a blessing from their hierarch to observe this Feastday next Sunday.   

1.  All Saints of Britain Vigil (in English), composed in 1976 with the blessing of ROCA Archbishop Anthony of Geneva (and Great Britain)

2.  The Canon (in Russian) from the Vigil

3.  An alternative Canon (in English) composed by Archimandrite David of Walsingham (Moscow Patriarchate) and used in the UK Diocese with the blessing of Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

4. Another Vigil Service (in English) by, I think, Fr Andrew Philips of Felixstowe which appears to be based on the 1976 version.

If anybody would like copies of these Services please contact me by e-mail (see my Profile for e-mail address)

Fr Ambrose
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:59:50 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »

28th June 2009

Just a reminder that in 2007 the Russian Orthodox Church established the Feast of All Saints of Great Britan and Ireland to be held annually on the Third Sunday After Pentecost.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13801.msg192615.html#msg192615

I have four liturgical texts which may be useful for parishes with a blessing from their hierarch to observe this Feastday next Sunday.   

1.  All Saints of Britain Vigil (in English), composed in 1976 with the blessing of ROCA Archbishop Anthony of Geneva (and Great Britain)

3.  An alternative Canon (in English) composed by Archimandrite David of Walsingham (Moscow Patriarchate) and used in the UK Diocese with the blessing of Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

4. Another Vigil Service (in English) by, I think, Fr Andrew Philips of Felixstowe which appears to be based on the 1976 version.

If anybody would like copies of these Services please contact me by e-mail (see my Profile for e-mail address)

Fr Ambrose

In Great Britain and Ireland, would this still be the Second Sunday after Pentacost?

Btw, I love the WRO Orthodox office of the Neo-Martyrs of Russia.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »

28th June 2009

Fr Ambrose

In Great Britain and Ireland, would this still be the Second Sunday after Pentacost?

On the Russian Calendar it runs....

Trinity-Pentecost Sunday

1st Sunday after Pentecost.... All Saints

2nd Sunday after Pentecost... All Saints of Russia

3rd Sunday after Pentecost.... All Saints of Great Britain and Ireland
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »

28th June 2009

Fr Ambrose

Trinity-Pentecost Sunday

Would that have anything to do with the Russian Church in Great Britain and Ireland not being autonomous?

btw, pardon my ignorance Father, but has anyone from NZ or AU been glorified yet?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »

Trinity-Pentecost Sunday

Would that have anything to do with the Russian Church in Great Britain and Ireland not being autonomous?

Do you mean, why hasn't the Feast of All Saints of Britain & Ireland displaced that of All Saints of Russia and moved up into second place.  Yes, I imagine that because most members of the Diocese are Russian the Russian Feastday is retained. 

btw, pardon my ignorance Father, but has anyone from NZ or AU been glorified yet?

Nary a soul.....
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 03:54:13 PM »

Have a blessed St. Columba's of Iona Day all Celtic-Anglo-Saxon Old Calendarists!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

O all ye Saints of Britain, pray to God for us!

I must admit I'm a little bit jealous for the British. How come we don't have the Feast of All Saints of Finland! This is so unfair! Grin

Btw, I love the WRO Orthodox office of the Neo-Martyrs of Russia.
I'd like to see this. Is it available somewhere on the internet?

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »

28th June 2009

I want to see if I can succeed in sending the Vigil Services as an attachment.  Fingers crossed because my skill in these things is not great!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:29:58 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »

Some more liturgical material for this Sunday's Service...

Canons for Matins in Slavonic and English

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 02:14:13 AM »

Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh

Sermon on
THE DAY OF ALL THE SAINTS OF BRITAIN AND IRELAND

20 June 1999

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I will speak first in English and then in Russian because I feel it is immensely important for us to be at one at the very depth of our souls and lives on this day when we keep the memory of all the Saints of This Land.....

Source :: http://www.mitras.ru/serm_eng.htm

Tags: saints Celtic saints Saints of Great Britain Ireland 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: