OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 02:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AIR FRANCE CRASH PHOTOS- Hoax or not?  (Read 902 times) Average Rating: 0
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« on: June 19, 2009, 07:12:10 PM »

Someone had sent me this via e-mail concerning the Air France plane crash. Thing is, I don't know whether it's true or not? I suspect a fabrication.

Supposedly, these pics were taken by a passenger in mid-flight right after the plane started breaking apart.

What do you think?:  linked removed  -username! section moderator flight form Rio to France
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:56:56 PM by username! » Logged

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »

Turns out these photos are a hoax that have been floating around cyberspace for quite sometime.
It turns out that these are hoax photos that have been around for several years.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_photos_gol_737_crash.htm

ChristusDominus
High Elder

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

Turns out these photos are a hoax that have been floating around cyberspace for quite sometime.
It turns out that these are hoax photos that have been around for several years.
Awww, you're no fun Embarrassed

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
CCTE

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian Patriarchate

Patriarch Daniel

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 01:11:26 AM »

LOL
That pictures are from LOST movie !!! I've seen the episode. Look here or here
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:14:45 AM by CCTE » Logged

Sorry if my English is not perfect
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 01:46:45 AM »

I did say I suspected a fabrication, even though I was fooled at first glance. Undecided

I know, I know, I'm guillible Roll Eyes

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:01 AM »

LOL
That pictures are from LOST movie !!! I've seen the episode. Look here or here

LOL!  Yeah, that would be Evangeline Lilly in one of those pictures. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »

In reading this Urban Legends refutation, I noticed a common theme that came up much more recently, as well.  The person who originally started this hoax did so as a social experiment to show the world how gullible people tend to be when reading stuff online.  Most recently it was the flap about news agencies being too quick to accept as factual what they read on wikipedia.  Nothing different.  Same old story. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:21:31 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: