OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 01:53:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pimsleur or Rosetta Stone?  (Read 495 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

I was curious if any of you have used the Pimsleur or Rosetta Stone courses to learn another language. I have had great success with the Pimsleur Romanian tapes (though it was limited to only 5 tapes). I tried the Pimsleur Russian, but it was WAY to difficult for me.

I was thinking about trying Rosetta Stone, but didn't want to spend a lot of money for something that wasn't beneficial.

With that said, I'd like to know if any of you are familiar with the two and what do you think about their methods of learning? Which is more effective?

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: