OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 05:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On-line Orthodox Bible  (Read 15876 times) Average Rating: 0
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« on: June 17, 2009, 09:23:42 AM »

I can't find any Eastern Orthodox Bible on-line. BibleGateway has only Protestant Canons and some versions with a few deuterocanonical books only (for example, Odes is missing).
I'd like a website that it's similar to BibleGateway, where you can cut down some verses etc., any ideas? Huh

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:24 AM »

The text of the Eastern Orthodox Bible is available online as a .pdf here.

The Orthodox New Testament is not available online, but you can purchase a searchable soft-copy on disc from the monastery that produces it. The price is pretty crazy though.

I don't think the text of the Orthodox Study Bible Old Testament is available anywhere online. However, the New English Translation of the Septuagint (NETS) can be found here.

Apostoliki Diakonia also has an online version of their Greek publication of the Scriptures here.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »

The text of the Eastern Orthodox Bible is available online as a .pdf here.

The Orthodox New Testament is not available online, but you can purchase a searchable soft-copy on disc from the monastery that produces it. The price is pretty crazy though.

I don't think the text of the Orthodox Study Bible Old Testament is available anywhere online. However, the New English Translation of the Septuagint (NETS) can be found here.

Apostoliki Diakonia also has an online version of their Greek publication of the Scriptures here.

For the last one, do they use the 1904 Patriarchal edition/textus receptus?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »

For the last one, do they use the 1904 Patriarchal edition?

I would assume so since they publish that edition in a volume entitled Η Καινή Διαθήκη, κατά την έκδοση του Οικουμενικού Πατριαρχείου.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:34:04 AM by Orthodox11 » Logged
Tags: Eastern Oriental The Bible Bible Scripture online bible 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: