OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 03:50:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brotherhood of Holy Cross  (Read 1024 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: June 07, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »

I found the site of the organisations which calls itself the Brotherhood of Holy Cross (Rus: Братствo Креста Господня).

They claim to have Primates of Churches of Constantinople, Romania, Cyprus, Jerusalem, EP's Russian Exarchate, EP's Estonian Church and Romanian's Moldavian Church as well as Grand Masters of Maltan and Teuton Orders and even Augusto Pinochet.

Who are they? Are they for real? What do they want?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »

Well, I don't know... This organization seems strange to me. Just take a look at the list of their Chevaliers: Augusto Pinochet; Alexander Solzhenitsyn; two representatives of the Roman Catholic Church; one very old (must be in his 80-s if not 90-s) Russian artist known for his links to extreme Russian nationalist organizations; one geneticist (Vladimir Paponov - I believe I know him personally, he was a junior researcher at the Institute of Medical Genetics of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the former USSR in the 1980-s, when I was a graduate student there); a well-known Russian movie star; a little known Moldavian politician; and a number of high-positioned Orthodox Church hierarchs, including His All Holiness EP Bartholomew... A weird mix. Smiley

I wonder, does HAH Bartholomew even know that he is a Chevalier of this Brotherhood? Smiley
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:06:17 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

I fought so first but there are some pictures of this Priest, who is a top member, giving the crosses to that Primates of Russian Exarchate and Romanian Moldavian Church. Maybe it's not all fraud.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:07:47 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:19:12 PM »

No, I don't think they are fraud, they are real, but it seems to me that they just give membership and the status of Chevaliers to a bunch of people whom they seem to like for something, perhaps without even bothering to ask these people what they think.Smiley

One thing that bothers me is that they included Stalin in their list of Generalissimos (http://www.bratstvokresta.ru/generall.html), and the tone of their sketch of Stalin's biography is rather approving...

Love never fails.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »

No, I don't think they are fraud, they are real, but it seems to me that they just give membership and the status of Chevaliers to a bunch of people whom they seem to like for something, perhaps without even bothering to ask these people what they think.Smiley

One thing that bothers me is that they included Stalin in their list of Generalissimos (http://www.bratstvokresta.ru/generall.html), and the tone of their sketch of Stalin's biography is rather approving... 

I think that is also what's happening: they give out their honors to people without telling them that the organization has these positions, goals, purposes, etc.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »

I wonder if they're related to...

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_the_Cruciform_Sword

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 12:04:10 AM »

Oh it's those Hospitallers again!  Probably  a scion of Baron S von Beningsen.  They make all kinds of VPs members often without their knowledge. They claim to have a castle on Rhodos.  Big push to make members in UK, many moons ago Cheesy

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: