OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 08:27:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In honor of Fathers Day  (Read 400 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »

So, in honor of Fathers Day (which is next Sunday here in the US of A), I thought we could post funny/inspiring quotes/stories about good 'ol Dad!

When I lost the Pinewood Derby race in Cub Scouts, dad pulled me aside and gave me a lesson on sportsmanship and winning/losing.  I smiled a little to signal to him that I got the lesson but he could tell I was still sore and said, "Anyway, everybody knows that boys' daddy is crazier than a run-over dog."  Meaning he was of ill-repute and probably cheated.  And you know what?  It was discovered that they did!

Years later, he explained to me that before I got married the most important woman in my life was my mamma and after I got married, the most important woman would be my wife.  "Treasure her boy, and let her know it!"  Wise words, dad!  This one's for you!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: