OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 01:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Have you Administrator/Moderator been treated unfairly, abused, harrased, pressed, or victimized by the users?
YES - 0 (0%)
NO - 1 (50%)
OFTENLY - 0 (0%)
SOMETIMES - 1 (50%)
SELDOMLY - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fair treatment to Administrators and Moderators  (Read 878 times) Average Rating: 0
IPC
Elder

Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RZC

« on: June 13, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »

To keep this site running demands besides money, a lot of hard work, and effort from the Administrators, Moderators, and others in charge of the site, it's not an easy job, it's time consuming and stressful.

They must monitor closely the site, to see if there is any violation against the law and terms of use of the company hosting this site, a false step might result in the shutting down of this site, and serious consequences to the owners of this site.

They must control users so we all follow the rules, and they go the extra mile, trying to solve conflicts between users in a humane and kind way, trying to make everyone happy and keep the community in harmony.

Let us be considerate to them, and treat them fairly. It's unfair to abuse them simply because they don't let us post whatever we want, or allow others to post what we don't like.

Let us remember we are guests in here, and the least we can do is be respectful and cooperative with our hosts, and treat them fairly.

We are a community lead by the Administrators and Moderators, we must respect their hierarchy and authority, and not abuse their kindness and gentleness.

THIS USER USED THE SCREEN NAME PRAVOSLAV09 BEFORE.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:35:18 PM »

I appreciate your concern for us, Pravoslav09, but this thread has some potential to erupt so I think I'll lock it Wink

We sometimes are the subject of unfair attacks, but we also occasionally err in our exercise of our duties.  At least this is a Christian forum, and everyone is usually more ready to forgive and move on when mistakes are made.  Providing this site for the past seven years has provided us with a lot of joy, and this joy overshadows any frustration.

In Christ,

Fr Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: