OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 11:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: religious asylum?!  (Read 4263 times) Average Rating: 0
geocool

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« on: June 09, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »

I want to know everything about the religious asylum in Egypt Huh??
And how the government  deal with it ?
Will be the Procedures in privacy or not??
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:30:50 AM »

I want to know everything about the religious asylum in Egypt Huh??
And how the government  deal with it ?
Will be the Procedures in privacy or not??
Can you give us more background on what you're talking about, please?
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:36:38 AM »

Welcome to the forum, geocool!

Does this have something to do with the Coptic Church?  If so, you may want to post something more detailed and specific.  We have Coptic Orthodox members here who may be able to help you, but they probably need more information about what you are asking.

geocool

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 06:38:16 AM »

I am suffering from the oppression of the Egyptian government . sorry about my English
And the story is

Me and My Friend were going to church ,and there was seven young Muslims who were sitting in front of the mosque opposite the church ,  they were call Us names and insults Us , i told my friend just keep walking don't care , but they didn't get enough. started to walk behind us, they get out knives and threatened us , they stole our wallets ,my watch , and we have received a severe beating, there was a policeman who was sitting in front of church ,he didn't do anything but turning the Chair giving us his back. I was stunned  and my friend was fully collapsed . then we went to the police department , we have waited an hour until the policeman finish his prayer.
then we told him about what happend , he said u have to wait for Colonel Ahmed El said ,we waited another hour , then he entered the office with prayer rug and has (Zabibah) prayer dark mark on his forehead that's mean he is Muslim fanatic . i said good afternoon officer
he replied with Muslim's greeting.i told him what happend , he said give me Ur ID card and wait outside , i said they stole my wallet & my ID in it,  he reply get outside for a minute then.
We were outside for half an hour and the officer did not come out of his office . i requested from the Secretary transfer us to the medical examination more than once but no one reply, Suddenly, someone his name was captin Ahmed Ezat told me why u shouted loudly and started 2 curse my religion , I was stunned, i told him what I've did wrong? we're the victims ,i just need my rights, he reply you have no rights here and cursed my religion again, i said I'll tell about Ur behaviour to Mr Ahmed El said . he reply there's no need ,nothing happens here without his knowledge and started 2 curse, then ordered the secretaries 2 take us in custody.

In the next morning we were  sent away to the prosecution , when i entered  the office , the prosecutor call me different name , i told him that's not my name, he didn't reply ,  he accuses me of assaulting police ,causing officer injuries , the destruction of their police car and there was people saw you do that, i told him that's not my name I did not do any of that ,and i mentioned what happened to me , but he didn't record any word I said. He started to ask questions then he wrote the answers of it , but i didn't sign. He said Ur version of story wont get u any good, i told him i want call my lawyer , he refused , and the decision was issued four days of imprisonment till the investigation ends
I knew after that the name he was calling me is a name for wanted drug dealer!

I came back and stepped up to the Investigation room ,i saw the waste of humanity, i never saw even animals treated like that, filthy insult  ,cursing and indecent assault . they are bunch of Sadistic psychopaths enjoy insulting and torturing people in front of me. I have seen young people hanging upside down of the ceiling and their heads on  electric heater ,the officers was laughing and enjoying it. I will not mentioned what happened to me, but you can imagine detectives dealing with me as a drug dealer .
When I spoke about what happened they threatening to arrest me and increase the insulting.

Then i was sent to the State Security Investigations(ssi) office , there was young officer there , i said good evening , he replied wiz Muslim greetings, and ask me what happened ? , I told him every thing , He replied here SSI  we do not give a sh** about anything ,we have our own rules. i said i just wants my rights, he threatened to arrest me , then he show me a paper and told me that ''if i wrote Ur name on this paper and signed it , u'll go to prison behind the sun no one will know about u, If i wanna kill u now I'll do it ,then he picked up his gun and pointed at my face . i was really afraid and broke down , i told him OK what u want me to do ? he replied'' Bravo just Forget all what happend, don't ever enter police department especially if u gonna complain about any Muslims , coz this is a Muslims Country, Do u understand ?

Then I walked out from State Security headquarters , didn't know what would happen , I was surprised by the three of the people who attacked me and my friend , sitting with officer talking and laughing.

I just wants all Christians and all global human rights organizations ,expose the dirty persecution from the Muslims, whether they are from the people or the government ,especially the Interior Ministry and all its departments and in particular, the SSI sector

that's why , I want to know everything about the religious asylum in Egypt ?
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

You might want to try to get religious asylum anywhere else...like in Europe or in America.  I'm not sure you are going to find any in Egypt...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »

You might want to try to get religious asylum anywhere else...like in Europe or in America.  I'm not sure you are going to find any in Egypt...

I think geocool is a little confused, because it sounds like Egypt is the very place where he has been suffering this persecution. I think he's more so thinking of "religious asylum from Egypt".

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »

Geocool, have you told your pastor about this?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »

I think geocool is a little confused, because it sounds like Egypt is the very place where he has been suffering this persecution. I think he's more so thinking of "religious asylum from Egypt".

I think he's just looking for help from religious persecution.  I wonder if he thinks that Egypt even HAS religious asylum...

I do not think that it does.  That's why I recommended that he leaves...as soon as possible.  These people might be out to get him now...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
geocool

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »

hi serb1389
 U r right, all i want is get out of Egypt, But it's so hard and it takes years to get visa for Europe , America or Canada  it's like being trapped in here.

hi deusveritasest I don't think it would make any different, besides i wouldn't let my pastor deal with such ppl .

I know in my heart , who ever ask asylum from the government for political or religious reasons in most cases would be be arrested
 only if the person known to publicity ,he wouldn't be hurt. however the privacy should be guaranteed.
thx for sharing thoughts
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:47 AM »

hi deusveritasest I don't think it would make any different, besides i wouldn't let my pastor deal with such ppl .

I simply mean for the sake of getting his advice. He may have more experience with persecutions against Christians in Egypt and may know somewhat how to deal with it as well.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »

Dear Geocool,

Here is the United Nations' definition of a refugee.  It is short but it is vitally important.  If you do not fit within its parameters it is almost certain that you will not be granted Refugee Status in any country.

"A refugee is someone who owing to a well-founded fear
of being persecuted for reasons of
race,
religion,
nationality,
membership of a particular social group,
or political opinion,
is outside the country of their nationality, and is unable to or, owing to such fear,
is unwilling to avail him/herself of the protection of that country."

Some things you need to notice:

1.  You must be OUTSIDE your country of origin to make a Refugee Application

2.  Your fear of persecution must be well-founded.  You will have to prove it to the Refugee Service officials in the country where you make your Refugee Application

3.  Not all countries will accept Refugee Applications, so you must travel to a country which accepts them

4.  If you are aware of other people of Egyptian nationality who have made successful applications for Refugee Status on the basis of religious persecution, you would be well advised to travel to that country and make your Refugee Application in that country

5. My qualification to make these statements:  Work as a Refugee Application agent since 1992.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:45:22 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
geocool

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »

Thx Irish Hermit I really appreciate Ur concern , but i have questions to ask u since u mentioned that u work as Refugee Application agent .

Some things you need to notice:

1.  You must be OUTSIDE your country of origin to make a Refugee Application
- I need to know the purpose of making a Refugee Application , if I'm already outside My Country? ...  thought i should make this Applications in  embassies of the countries which accepts Refugees in Egypt , and it'll make things easier to get Me out the country.

2.  Your fear of persecution must be well-founded.  You will have to prove it to the Refugee Service officials in the country where you make your Refugee Application
-I don't know how am gonna prove it ? , I don't have documents or any physical evidence. but if they need witnesses i might be able to get them .

3.  Not all countries will accept Refugee Applications, so you must travel to a country which accepts them
This is the main problem in the whole thing , how am gonna travel to other country?
- It's so hard and it takes years to get visa for Europe , USA or Canada  .

If i became a Refugee , Am I gonna lose my Egyptian nationality ?
I'll be able to visit Egypt again ?

Forgive me for so many question, I'm hanging by a thread.
Hope 2 hear from u soon.
May GOD Bless U All
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 07:07:34 AM »

- I need to know the purpose of making a Refugee Application , if I'm already outside My Country? ...  thought i should make this Applications in  embassies of the countries which accepts Refugees in Egypt

I have not heard of Refugee Applications being accepted by foreign Embassies located in the country where the applicant is claiming he is persecuted.

-I don't know how am gonna prove it ? , I don't have documents or any physical evidence. but if they need witnesses i might be able to get them .

The interviewing officials, at least in this country, will form a psychological profile of you to help them determine how well-founded your claim of persecution is.  They also draw on a great deal of information concerning the country of origin and its known level of the violation of human rights.  This information is provided by international agencies such as the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, many private agencies which monitor human rights internationally, and the reports for each country compiled annually by the American CIA.

In your case Egypt's violation of the rights of minorities is well documented and that is a great factor which will assist to make your own claim credible.

Here is a small extract which shows how my country, New Zealand, has been granting asylum to Egyptians.

1970s–1990s: refugees

Egypt
In the mid-1990s some 1,500 Egyptians were granted permanent residence.
By 2003 there were over 2,000, mostly in Auckland.
Some are professionals, while others work in the restaurant industry.
Many are Coptic Church followers – there are about 150 Coptic Orthodox families in Auckland.

http://www.teara.govt.nz/NewZealanders/NewZealandPeoples/Africans/2/en
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: