OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: website on Fr. Katinas  (Read 1374 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« on: June 07, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »

I read that Fr. Katinas, a deposed priest of the GOA, reposed on June 1.  I don't think we need to rehash his life story or why he fell into disrepute or whether that is justified.  I came across this website:  http://www.katinasisdead.com/.  It is nothing more than people spewing their hatred towards the man which I can certainly understand.   

I just thought I would post it, fyi.

BTW, moderators if you feel that this topic should be somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »

Why are you posting this website of people spewing hatred? How is that beneficial to anyone?

We all know how to use Google. If we want to find hatred towards our fellow man, we know where to look. Why are you propogating it?

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »

Why are you posting this website of people spewing hatred? How is that beneficial to anyone?

We all know how to use Google. If we want to find hatred towards our fellow man, we know where to look. Why are you propogating it?

We all know how to use the google on the internet machine.  That doesn't stop people from posting other news articles.  I'm just bringing this to people's attention so that others can see the hatred people have for this men, and, by extension the GOA and the Orthodox Church as a whole.

I don't see you criticizing other people's motives when they post something controversial.  why am I being singled out?

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:03 AM »

We all know how to use the google on the internet machine.  That doesn't stop people from posting other news articles.  I'm just bringing this to people's attention so that others can see the hatred people have for this men, and, by extension the GOA and the Orthodox Church as a whole.

I don't see you criticizing other people's motives when they post something controversial.  why am I being singled out?

Im Glad this is posted ,,I can't remember if read about this before...

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:44 AM »

Mr. Katinas' situation is out of our hands.

I bet Met. Isaiah presides over the funeral.

Lord have Mercy.

Edit - Whoops, just read that the funeral was Private.  Maybe Mr. Katinas was cremated?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:18:57 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:45:08 AM »

I read that Fr. Katinas, a deposed priest of the GOA,

A deposed priest or a defrocked former priest? Because all of the comments on that guestbook that made mention said that it was laicizing.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: