OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For an 8-month-old baby and his 17-year-old rapist-killer  (Read 1290 times) Average Rating: 0
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« on: June 07, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »

I saw this in the news. I found it just indescribably awful.

Prayers for the baby and for the killer---I can't imagine what sort of evil possessed him to do what he did.

West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old
by C.J. Lin, The Times-Picayune
Sunday June 07, 2009, 9:50 AM
Arnold Ross

A 17-year-old Terrytown man was arrested on charges of aggravated rape and first-degree murder of an 8-month-old child Saturday afternoon, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said.

Arnold T. Ross, of 136 Friedrichs Road in Terrytown, was booked into the Jefferson Parish Correctional Facility. No bond is available on the first-degree murder charge.

Ross was arrested after officers responded to a call of an unresponsive infant at 1656 Gary Court, Apt. B, near Gretna.

The infant, Da-Von Lonzo, was taken to Ochsner Westbank where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival, according to a release issued by Col. John Fortunato, a spokesman for the sheriff's office.

The death was initially unclassified, but the Jefferson Parish coroner's office later reported it as a homicide after an autopsy of the child's body revealed multiple fractures consistent with a beating and tears in the anus.

Ross, who said he was the boyfriend of the infant's mother, initially told detectives that the baby fell down the stairs while he was babysitting, Fortunato said. But a neighbor reported hearing loud noises coming from the apartment, and investigators noted inconsistencies in Ross's account.

Ross later admitted that he beat the infant repeatedly when he would not stop crying, Fortunato said. When the child began to defecate on himself, Ross said he tried to clean it up, causing the tears, according to the release.

Ross has a record of previous arrests for possession of crack cocaine and marijuana, obscenity, battery on a correctional officer, three counts of battery on a teacher, three counts of theft, illegal carrying of a weapon and assault.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/gretna_man_arrested_in_rape_an.htmlb
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

What a horrifying story. Lord, have mercy on all involved!

Love never fails.
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

May Justice be served.

Lord have mercy.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »

A reminder that the prayer forum is for prayer and the indication that you are praying for the person(s) requested to be prayed for.  The prayer forum is not for debate, argument, theory, discussion, speculation or anything other than prayer.  I have split the off topic posts into a new thread -username! section moderator

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,21711.0.html 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:34:08 PM by username! » Logged

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:07:08 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »

Lord, have mercy.  Memory eternal.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »

Lord, have mercy on the innocent victim.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

Lord have mercy

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: