Author Topic: Brotherhood of Holy Cross  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
Brotherhood of Holy Cross
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
I found the site of the organisations which calls itself the Brotherhood of Holy Cross (Rus: Братствo Креста Господня).

They claim to have Primates of Churches of Constantinople, Romania, Cyprus, Jerusalem, EP's Russian Exarchate, EP's Estonian Church and Romanian's Moldavian Church as well as Grand Masters of Maltan and Teuton Orders and even Augusto Pinochet.

Who are they? Are they for real? What do they want?

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
Re: Brotherhood of Holy Cross
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »
Well, I don't know... This organization seems strange to me. Just take a look at the list of their Chevaliers: Augusto Pinochet; Alexander Solzhenitsyn; two representatives of the Roman Catholic Church; one very old (must be in his 80-s if not 90-s) Russian artist known for his links to extreme Russian nationalist organizations; one geneticist (Vladimir Paponov - I believe I know him personally, he was a junior researcher at the Institute of Medical Genetics of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the former USSR in the 1980-s, when I was a graduate student there); a well-known Russian movie star; a little known Moldavian politician; and a number of high-positioned Orthodox Church hierarchs, including His All Holiness EP Bartholomew... A weird mix. :)

I wonder, does HAH Bartholomew even know that he is a Chevalier of this Brotherhood? :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:06:17 PM by Heorhij »
Love never fails.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »
I fought so first but there are some pictures of this Priest, who is a top member, giving the crosses to that Primates of Russian Exarchate and Romanian Moldavian Church. Maybe it's not all fraud.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:19:12 PM »
No, I don't think they are fraud, they are real, but it seems to me that they just give membership and the status of Chevaliers to a bunch of people whom they seem to like for something, perhaps without even bothering to ask these people what they think.:)

One thing that bothers me is that they included Stalin in their list of Generalissimos (http://www.bratstvokresta.ru/generall.html), and the tone of their sketch of Stalin's biography is rather approving...
Love never fails.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
No, I don't think they are fraud, they are real, but it seems to me that they just give membership and the status of Chevaliers to a bunch of people whom they seem to like for something, perhaps without even bothering to ask these people what they think.:)

One thing that bothers me is that they included Stalin in their list of Generalissimos (http://www.bratstvokresta.ru/generall.html), and the tone of their sketch of Stalin's biography is rather approving... 

I think that is also what's happening: they give out their honors to people without telling them that the organization has these positions, goals, purposes, etc.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline observer

• High Elder
  • Vivre die Raznitsa!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 12:04:10 AM »
Oh it's those Hospitallers again!  Probably  a scion of Baron S von Beningsen.  They make all kinds of VPs members often without their knowledge. They claim to have a castle on Rhodos.  Big push to make members in UK, many moons ago :D
Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)