OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 04:15:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 pagan greek gods...  (Read 5462 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »

Here in Greece, we were always full of authors involving Epsilonism. Most of them tried to convince us that we are the ones that God has chosen and we're descendants of the Elohim, while Hebrews are descendants of the Nephilim, which makes them our deadly enemies. According to them, the Elohim where Watchers who were taken as gods in all over the world (e.g: Zeus, Apollo etc.), but their true descendants are only the Greeks; in whom the sacred Greek blood (Ichor) flows. The concept isn't really far from Hitler's Aryan race, I guess...

Hmm...so if Greeks are Elohim and Hebrews are Nephilim, what about the rest of us who are neither?

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 05:19:17 PM »

I want to be a drow, but human is also well-played race.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:19:32 PM by mike » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

I want to be a drow, but human is also well-played race.

Excellent choice!  I'd probably go with a halfling or dwarf.  Smiley

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »

Gnomes are the coolest, but that's a total side track..

I really am curious how the non-Greek, non-Hebrew person fits into the world scheme of this, well, 'faith', I guess.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

Writing as a "Heinz 57" as my mother used to say of Scots-English-German-Cherokee-who-knows-what-all, I was wondering the same thing.  Most of the people on the planet would not fit into either Hebrew or Greek extraction after all.

What about the rest of Humanity? 

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »

I'm sure that they've found one or two excuses. Some say that there are two actual races in the world: the Greeks (Elohim) and the Israelites (Nephilim). The rest are descendants scattered all over.
Another claim is that the rest are simple humans created by God, Jews are Nephilim and Greeks Elohim.

This sounds so ridiculous, it's like writing a novel.

P.S.: I like Halflings. Grin

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

I'm sure that they've found one or two excuses. Some say that there are two actual races in the world: the Greeks (Elohim) and the Israelites (Nephilim). The rest are descendants scattered all over.
Another claim is that the rest are simple humans created by God, Jews are Nephilim and Greeks Elohim.

This sounds so ridiculous, it's like writing a novel.

P.S.: I like Halflings. Grin

So, in line with that thought is that persons of Greek background are ummm somewhat god-like?  They're a kind of superior human?  With the claim that the rest of us are "simple humans" and your noting that it was like a novel I'm afraid that I got to recalling my old "X-Men" comics and the idea of, I think it was Homo Superior, or the old A. E. Van Vogt story Slan with a similar idea.

Ebor

GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »

Yes, some of those so-called "epsilonists" are saying that in 2012 (or other "crazy" dates like that) the Greek blood will be awakened and the gods will help the Greek defeat the Nephilim (Jews?) and stuff. Total nutcases!
The most famous epsilonist (Liakopoulos) says that he found all that in some ancient scriptures in Mount Athos. He's a heretic and has distorted Christianity very much, despite he's claiming to be a Christian Orthodox.

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

My word!

And is it the case that the supposed "ancient scriptures" are somehow not available for others to examine? 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that were to be the case.  It's been done that way before.

Sigh

GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »

Yes, only he has seen them! That Liakopoulos guy claims that he has found the so-called "Copper Books", which were written by Ancient Greeks and include major pre-historical events (like a war between Nephilim and Elohim) and true wisdom. Of course, he doesn't even dare to cite a valid source.
1/4 of his work is taken from Orthodoxy, but he's giving his own interpretations.
1/4 of his work derives from Gnosticism, especially Cerinthus.
1/4 of his work has been influenced by esoteric Judaism (say Kabbalah?).
The rest 1/4 is pure imagination along with some Greek philosophers.

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »

"Copper Books"... and only he has seen them.  This is not a new pattern.  It's been done before.

Does he explain how they were somehow not noticed by anyone on Mt. Athos for centuries?  Did he take them with him or were they taken away in some mystical fashion?

Do you think this person is serious?  or could he be trying for some elaborate joke or parody? 

LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »

Yes, only he has seen them! That Liakopoulos guy claims that he has found the so-called "Copper Books", which were written by Ancient Greeks and include major pre-historical events (like a war between Nephilim and Elohim) and true wisdom. Of course, he doesn't even dare to cite a valid source.

Ah! Liakopoulos is a Greco-Mormon!  Grin
GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2009, 10:13:30 AM »

Does he explain how they were somehow not noticed by anyone on Mt. Athos for centuries?  Did he take them with him or were they taken away in some mystical fashion?

Do you think this person is serious?  or could he be trying for some elaborate joke or parody?
He's full of idiocies and absurd claims. He offers no explanation about how he found everything.

I don't think that he actually believes what he's saying (although he looks like he is), but he's certainly isn't doing this just for fun; he earns lots of money, I guess.

Yes, LBK. He looks like he's close to Mormonism, lol. Tongue

Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Greece

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

Epsilonists formed a political party back in 2005 and took part in the national election of 2007. They got (if I remember correctly), 6-7,000 votes (around 0.05-0.06%). No-one takes them seriously and no, I do not think neopagans will ever be taken seriously in Greece or will be voted to form government in the near future (at least not in my life-time):
«Εἴπατε τῷ βασιλῇ, χαμαὶ πέσε δαίδαλος αὐλά·
οὐκέτι Φοῖβος ἔχει καλύβαν, οὐ μάντιδα δάφνην,
οὐ παγάν λαλέουσαν· ἀπέσβετο καὶ λάλον ὕδωρ».
"Tell to the king that the carven hall is fallen in decay;
Phoebus has no chapel left, no prophesying bay,
no talking spring; the stream is dry that had so much to say"
PS: The followers of Liakopoulos are called "Liakourodox"  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5JWZlpfBA
St. John Papadopoulos "The Koukouzelis"
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

He's full of idiocies and absurd claims. He offers no explanation about how he found everything.

I don't think that he actually believes what he's saying (although he looks like he is), but he's certainly isn't doing this just for fun; he earns lots of money, I guess

I am so very not surprised that this person does not explain anything but just makes claims.  "There is no new thing under the Sun..."

tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »

Related: Russian pagans from ancient cult greet solstice

Several hundred followers wearing linen, ancient Slavic ornaments and flower garlands circle around the high priest to celebrate the summer solstice, in an all-night festivity fought by the Russian Orthodox Church for centuries. The rugged faces of bearded gods and stern goddesses top a temple of upright logs.

With pix.
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »

Writing as a "Heinz 57" as my mother used to say of Scots-English-German-Cherokee-who-knows-what-all, I was wondering the same thing.  Most of the people on the planet would not fit into either Hebrew or Greek extraction after all.

What about the rest of Humanity? 

Meh. If you look all the way back to the time of the Nephalim, everyone on Earth is Heinz 57.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »

Well, there seems to be the idea that persons of Greek/Hellenic roots are not Heinz 57 but somehow pure and special. 

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: