OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 08:44:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Process of being saved  (Read 1395 times) Average Rating: 0
Dismas

OC.net

« on: November 06, 2003, 02:34:22 PM »

First, I realize this is probably an impossible task. Everyone's process is unique. Yet I do believe there may be value in establishing a basic process guideline that references articles and training materials. We certainly talk about salvation as a process, so what would it look like if we documented it?

The referenced url will take you to my attempt to illustrate this process in one page. I am posting it here for your suggestions and comments for improvement.

http://orthotracts.org/ProjectGrowth/process.doc

Peace in your own personal process of salvation,
Dismas Smiley

Peace,
Dismas
input--->process--->output
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 10:00:05 PM »

Looks a bit imposing, Dismas.

What is the purpose? As an evangelistic tool or something more in depth? The latter seems likely to me.

Have you got something in all those links that covers the Orthodox doctrine of salvation?

Finding out about that was a major shocker - and ultimately, a source of unspeakable joy - for me.

To finally be free of the notion of the "angry God" who demanded a human sacrifice!

I would say that what you've got is impressive but could be a lot simpler, especially if you want to use it to reach the heterodox.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Dismas

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 05:42:46 PM »

Thank you for your repsonse.
Yes, you might try some of the links. Personal Adoption of Salvation and How to acquire the true faith for instance...

Not sure how to make it any simpler as this process of salvation continues throughout our lifetime. Heterodox have many questions as do those in the orthodox church.

Peace,
Dismas

Peace,
Dismas
input--->process--->output
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 05:56:52 PM »

Yeah, I think you are probably right.

I will try some of the links when I get the chance.

Good work!  Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: