OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 11:52:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fall of Constantinople, May 29, 1453  (Read 4971 times) Average Rating: 0
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 04:19:20 AM »

That would be both Greek Orthodox and Greek Cathoilics

It's interesting, though---Constantine XI died in full communion with Rome. So it is possible to be a saint in Orthodoxy while being in communion with Rome post-schism?

I don't think he is an official saint. He certainly died a heroic death and many do venerate him as a saint, but I don't think he has feast day or was ever glorified. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Perhaps. Does anyone know who Emperor Constantine the New, venerated on the Greek calendar on Sept 3/16 is?

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Constantine_the_New
And no. Constantine XI who was willing to sell out the Faith for a kingdom of this world is not remembered by the Church as a saint.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: