Author Topic: Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields"  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Jon Hook

The article is as it's title reads, this is touching and shows that no man has an enemy in another righteous man, no matter their faith.

Egypt’s majority Muslim population stuck to its word Thursday night. What had been a promise of solidarity to the weary Coptic community, was honoured, when thousands of Muslims showed up at Coptic Christmas eve mass services in churches around the country and at candle light vigils held outside.

From the well-known to the unknown, Muslims had offered their bodies as “human shields” for last night’s mass, making a pledge to collectively fight the threat of Islamic militants and towards an Egypt free from sectarian strife.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/3365.aspx

Offline SubdeaconDavid

• "...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
  • High Elder
  • Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей
    • Russian Orthodox Tasmania
The article is as it's title reads, this is touching and shows that no man has an enemy in another righteous man, no matter their faith.

Egypt’s majority Muslim population stuck to its word Thursday night. What had been a promise of solidarity to the weary Coptic community, was honoured, when thousands of Muslims showed up at Coptic Christmas eve mass services in churches around the country and at candle light vigils held outside.

From the well-known to the unknown, Muslims had offered their bodies as “human shields” for last night’s mass, making a pledge to collectively fight the threat of Islamic militants and towards an Egypt free from sectarian strife.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/3365.aspx
Thank God for the Egyptian Muslims who showed solidarity with the Coptic peoples.  May God grant peace between Coptic and Muslim Egyptians.
Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco

Offline CRCulver

• OC.net guru
  • St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi
    • ChristopherCulver.com
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Romanian Orthodox Church
Unfortunately, even the most neutral statistics show that these fellows are a minority among Egyptian Muslims. Support for the Muslim Brotherhood is widespread among Egyptians, and the Brotherhood is on record as intending to limit the freedom of the Copts as soon as they come into power.

Offline Jon Hook

Unfortunately, even the most neutral statistics show that these fellows are a minority among Egyptian Muslims. Support for the Muslim Brotherhood is widespread among Egyptians, and the Brotherhood is on record as intending to limit the freedom of the Copts as soon as they come into power.

I don't doubt you are correct, but righteousness is a wanted commodity in this world, especially among Christians.

Offline sainthieu

• Abstractor of the Quintessence
  • High Elder
God bless them. It's not easy standing up against the radicals when your life is at stake. I pray if I am ever in the same situation that I have like courage.