OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 05:59:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birth Control  (Read 1383 times) Average Rating: 0
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« on: November 05, 2003, 12:19:38 AM »

Hey everyone...

I hope you all have had the chance read my introduction posts...if not to make a long story short I am a Roman Catholic converting to Orthodoxy.....

I have a question and I wonder if any one knows the answer....

I am currently meeting with an Orthodox priest and he stated that the Orthodox Church forbids Abortion and that abortion is sinful, but birth control is not against the teaching of the Church because procreation is not the purpose of marriage, it is the crown of marriage...

I was just wondering..

thanks

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 12:21:12 AM »

who ever reads this ^^^^ may want to meet me in chat and talk about it.....Smiley

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 12:27:52 AM »

Well, this is a beating the dead horse type topic.  

You can use the search option on top to search for "birth control"

I guarantee you'll find at least 2 threads dedicated to the discussion.

Anyway, in short I think the answer is as follows:

Abortificant birth control (RU-486, the Pill, etc) are forbidden.
Condoms and the like, artifical barriers, are permitted with permission of your spiritual father.

Personally, if you think one of the perks to becoming Orthodox is that you can be more lenient in regards to birth control, I think you are probably wrong.

Again, read the previously posted threads, they are real detailed, and if u wish to add a comment, feel free to do so.

Bobby
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 12:30:15 AM »

Thank you and God bless..I am personally against all types of birth control...but I will check out the other threads on this issue..thanks!!!!

Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 12:31:21 AM »

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/newboard/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=1816;start=0

There was one thread that was particularly helpful.

Bobby
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 12:39:24 AM »

thanks

Tags: birth control contraception 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: