OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 04:02:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey..I'm new  (Read 1370 times) Average Rating: 0
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« on: November 04, 2003, 07:37:23 PM »

Hey everyone.....

My name is Ben. I am a devout Roman Catholic (SSPX) and I am considering a conversion to Orthodoxy, well more than just considering...planning would be a better word. Sadly I live about 3 hours away from an active Orthodox parish, but no worries because I can get there about 2/3 times a month. I have met with the Orthodox priest there and everything is happiness Smiley.

I am considering a converstion to Orthodox because:

1) The Orthodox Church has an unbroken line of apostolic succesion from Christ himself. In other words Orthodoxy has the history.

2) Not only does the Orthodox have the history but it also has the faith. The Orthodox Church teaches the same apostolic faith taught in 1000 and 100 A.D., no other denomination can claim this.

3) The Orthodox Church worships and praises God in a wonderful and proper liturgical manner. No dry sermons, no pep rallies, but a liturgy that makes you question wether you are in heaven or on earth.

4)This connects to number 2: Orthodoxy doesnt change its liturgy and theology every 50 years, it is the same faith yesterday, today, and forever!

5) The Orthodox Church has produced countless numbers of Saints.

These are just a few reasons. I could of course right a list of all my reasons, but that would ...well...take forever!

I joined this little online Orthodox community to learn more about the Orthodox Church and its members. I have read a breadth of books on Orthodoxy but I just need to talk to Orthodox Christians..if you know what I mean.

Thanks and God bless!

Hope to get to know all of you!!!

In the love and peace of Christ,
                                         Ben

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 07:47:17 PM »

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the board, good to have you here! I'm also converting to Orthodoxy from Roman Catholicism and share all of your sentiments.

God bless and may the Holy Spirit strengthen you as you commence your journey to the true Faith!

Byzantino
Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 07:50:23 PM »

Welcome, Ben.  You'll find you have a lot in common with many of the members here who post:  many of us are former RCs, Uniates, Anglicans and Protestants who have converted to Holy Orthodoxy.  Here, you'll find a variety of testimonies and apologetics by Orthodox converts and cradle Orthodox to help you continue on your path toward God.  As well, many posters are active RCs, Anglicans etc., who engage in some very interesting theological discussion with the Orthodox.  As well, we try to have a little good old-fashioned fun.    

Welcome and enjoy yourself.  May the Holy Spirit continue to act in your life, and bring you ever closer to God.

Many Years, Ben!
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 08:06:16 PM »

Thanks a Karamazov and Byzantino! I hope to get to know you both and you will both be in my prayers!

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 08:10:05 PM »

Welcome, Ben!

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 08:23:20 PM »

Thanks Mor Ephrem!!!

Justinianus
Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 08:40:49 PM »

Welcome Ben,

I said a few things in your other posting.

May the Lord bless you on your spiritual journey!

"If we truly think of Christ as our source of holiness, we shall refrain from anything wicked or impure in thought or act and thus show ourselves to be worthy bearers of his name.  For the quality of holiness is shown not by what we say but by what w
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: