OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 02:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: toll houses  (Read 20578 times) Average Rating: 0
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »

Peter the Aleut,

Thanks for giving me the heads up that I wouldn't get a reply from Matthew777. I'm sorry he was banned, although I should say that you seem to do a good job warning people.

On the other hand, actually, I checked his profile and it says:

Current Status:   Offline   [Add To Buddy List]  
    Current Level: O  Warned

By the way, I want to thank you for the patience that you had with me, and hopefully still have, as I get to know the forum rules better.

Regards.

Gabriel the Celt,

I have the same confusion you did, when you wrote:
He was?  I thought when a person is banned, a red dot with the word 'Banned' appears under their name.  Matthew777 has a green dot 'Warned'.

I am not sure how this is possible, except that it must be, like Peter wrote, a rogue defect in the forum software:
  • Matthew777
    O Warned
    Archon

Regards.

Matthew 777,

I doubt you will ever read this, but you raised a question in my mind, about which I am still confused.

The reason I asked was to see if the scriptures prophesied that the Messiah would rise.

Still, after reading on OC.net and articles on the question, I have come to believe that they do, and wrote about it on my site rakovskii.livejournal.com . Feel free to stop by at your leisure.

Happy Nativity
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:55:04 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:23 PM »

The best news of all is though, however we understand toll houses and life after death, if we just do what we are supposed to while here, we will fly right through to Heaven at the hour of death! It's as simple as that! So let's get to work!!

Sounds good Father.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »

rakovsky,

The banning system that we use is separate from the warning system (because of a glitch in the warning system that doesn't allow for permanent bans).  Hence, there are quite a few people who are banned, but who show up as warned or muted (or something like that) because the banning system doesn't display "Banned."  Occasionally, we will use both systems to ban someone, so that people will initially see it, but eventually the warning system's ban will reduce (to Muted, then Moderated, then Warned, then nothing) and you won't be able to tell if they're really banned or not.  A better way to tell if someone is banned is to see if they show up in the member list (click "Members" in the menu bar near the top) - if they show up, they're not banned, and if they don't show up, then they're banned.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: toll houses 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: