OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 01:30:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Crazy, Beer-Gulping Hockey Fans...  (Read 456 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« on: January 09, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »

Recycling at stadium hardly seems a waste

...Did the hockey crowd outdrink the football crowd?

"Yes,'' said Dave Mazza, the PRC regional director who worked the lots all four games. "We're estimating 4,000 to 5,000 pounds of stuff at the Winter Classic.''

There are many ways to look at this. Some will be aghast at the consumption rate. Not a few Penguins fans will be swelling their new souvenir hockey sweaters with pride. Spoilsports will point out that a Penguins fan and a Steelers fan are often one and the same organism...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »

Are you living where ?

Fresno, Calif., tops Men's Health magazine's list of America's "drunkest" cities while Boston, home to the "Cheers" bar where everyone knows your name, was deemed the "least drunk," besting even Salt Lake City.

The magazine, which will publish the list of 100 major cities in i's March edition, drew upon such data as death rates from alcoholic liver disease, booze-fueled car crashes, frequency of binge-drinking in the past month, number of DUI arrests, and severity of DUI penalties.

"Drunkest" cities:

1. Fresno, Calif.
   2.  Reno, Nev.
   3.  Billings, Mont.
   4.  Riverside, Calif.
   5.  Austin
   6.  St. Louis
   7.  San Antonio
   8.  Lubbock, Texas
   9.  Tucson
  10.  Bakersfield, Calif.

"Least drunk" cities:

1. Boston
   2. Yonkers, N.Y.
   3. Rochester, N.Y.
   4. Salt Lake City
   5. Miami
   6. Newark
   7. Durham, N.C.
   8. New York City
   9. Fort Wayne, Ind.
  10. Manchester, N.H.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:39:34 PM by Jakub » Logged

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »

Sad Resolved: visit beer line more times at next game.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:25:01 AM »

... Boston, home to the "Cheers" bar where everyone knows your name, was deemed the "least drunk," besting even Salt Lake City.

And people still ask me why I disliked my time in Boston so much!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »

Fr. Chris, guess they didn't check Fenway during the season...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: