Author Topic: Russian Patriatrch to Visit Patriarch of Constantinople  (Read 737 times)

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
Russian Patriatrch to Visit Patriarch of Constantinople
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:01:58 PM »
The ANA-MPA news service is reporting that the new Patriarch of Moscow, Kyrill will pay a formal visit to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople at the Phanar on July 4-6.

Patriarch Kyrill and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople will co-officiate in a mass [sic!], while the visiting Patriarch is expected to follow the example of his predecessor and visit Aghia Sophia.

http://www.aoiusa.org/blog/2009/04/patriarch-kirill-to-visit-ecumenical-patriarchate-in-july/

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
Re: Russian Patriatrch to Visit Patriarch of Constantinople
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
The ANA-MPA news service is reporting that the new Patriarch of Moscow, Kyrill will pay a formal visit to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople at the Phanar on July 4-6.

Patriarch Kyrill and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople will co-officiate in a mass [sic!], while the visiting Patriarch is expected to follow the example of his predecessor and visit Aghia Sophia.

http://www.aoiusa.org/blog/2009/04/patriarch-kirill-to-visit-ecumenical-patriarchate-in-july/

LOL. I wonder if his grace will follow the example of his predecessor and celebrate a service at Aghia Sophia. ;D
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »
LOL. I wonder if his grace His Holiness will follow the example of his predecessor and celebrate a service at Aghia Sophia. ;D

His Grace, the Patriarch of Russia?  Maybe a vacation is in order.   ;D

Offline Ian Lazarus

• The Main Man!
  • OC.net guru
  • yIjah, Qey' 'oH!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:54:50 AM »
I have a feeling that this should be on PPV and have the same hype as Tyson-Hollifield.  I wonder what trunks they will be wearing?
"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9