OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 08:49:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a friend  (Read 985 times) Average Rating: 0
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: May 10, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »

My friend Kyle needs prayers. He has had various issues over the last couple years ranging from moodiness (almost to a bipolar level), drinking too much (that is, when he rarely drinks), lack of self control, occasionally returning to his ex (simply for pleasure), etc...

Most recently he has decided (for no reason that he has stated, even when directly asked) to start smoking pot. He is looking to go into the medical field and I have expressed to him that he is walking on dangerous turf if he continues to smoke marijuana.
Last night when he was a little tipsy from alcohol, we were all in the living room and I expressed the fact that doctors have lost the ability to practice because of marijuana misuse. I also have told him I am a little dissapointed that he went to the level he has gone. He proceeded to express that he was starting to feel guilty because of what I told him... But then accused me of being judgmental of him. (while all our friends in the room immediately told him I wasn't being judgmental)

He also recently has gotten an internship at a local hospital. We told him that he would fail a drug test now, and he stated he will stop till the end of the semester (a week, but w/o self control, i dunno if he could last that long).

I also feel that I haven't been a good enough Christian to be a good example to my friends. It makes me sad to see my friends like this...

But my friend is the real one that needs the prayers. He has long been struggling and doesn't attend church, and he has never sought professional medical help.

Lord have mercy on your servant Kyle...
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »

O, Lord, Save your people and bless Your inheritance.  Watch over your servant Kyle and help him walk down the path of righteousness rather than the easy and straight road to ruin.

Amen.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »

Lord Have Mercy! Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 12:09:58 AM »

Lord have mercy.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:40 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:05:54 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:30 AM »

Lord grant Your servant to turn from ways that would impede his good will to serve others according to his proper intent. Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 09:39:04 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: