OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 03:03:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficult decision- Please pray for me  (Read 20873 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 04:39:43 AM »

Lord have mercy on you both!  I am still experiencing the pain and difficulties of such a situation.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »

^^ And I'm still praying for you too Nebelpfade.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has kept (and is still keeping) us in your thoughts and prayers.  We're both doing OK so far, although it seems like I'm on a treadmill- I'm moving but not getting anywhere.  I think I've made the right decision but when my heart gets involved, I tend to second guess myself.  For some reason I don't feel I should be praying to God for something like this (...but I'm sure glad y'all are!) because it's seems like such a selfish request when there are way worse things going on in the world.  I will pray, though, that God will penetrate my thick head so I'll be able to discern His will for me.  Anyway, really, thanks a million for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.  They really mean a lot to me.

In Christ,

Gabriel

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 01:08:46 AM »

Continuing prayers.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 01:43:21 AM »

^^ And I'm still praying for you too Nebelpfade.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has kept (and is still keeping) us in your thoughts and prayers.  We're both doing OK so far, although it seems like I'm on a treadmill- I'm moving but not getting anywhere.  I think I've made the right decision but when my heart gets involved, I tend to second guess myself.  For some reason I don't feel I should be praying to God for something like this (...but I'm sure glad y'all are!) because it's seems like such a selfish request when there are way worse things going on in the world.  I will pray, though, that God will penetrate my thick head so I'll be able to discern His will for me.  Anyway, really, thanks a million for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.  They really mean a lot to me.

In Christ,

Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel!  May the Lord grant you clarity of thought in these murky of times.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
Sophie

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Thoughts are like airplanes flying in the air. If you ignore them, there is no problem. If you pay attention to them, you create an airport inside your head and permit them to land!" (Priestmonk Christodoulos Aggeloglou, Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain Mount Athos, Greece, 1998,pp. 29-30, 48)
Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

It's hard at first and probably will be for a while.  But it does get better.  Smiley  I used to get so broken-hearted at breakups that I thought I'd never be happy again, but I was wrong.

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

I did something very similar about 8 years ago.  The ex and I just were drifting apart more and more and it got to the point where we were practically just roommates.  It was probably the most painful thing I've ever done, but, in hindsight, the best thing.  I still keep in touch with her.  She is married to a wonderful man and they have a son who just celebrated his first birthday not too long ago.  She's very happy and that's all I ever wanted for her. 

I also would never have met my wife if the ex and I hadn't parted ways.  Oddly enough, we were all in the same places at the same times, knew the same people, etc and never met.  Weird.  Anyways, I know I'm far better off with my wife and I wouldn't have it any other way. Smiley

Time does heal all wounds, but there will be scars.  It's up to you how you look at them. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »

Lord have mercy on the work of your hands.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 04:46:44 PM »

Thought I'd provide an update...

It is still very difficult for both of us though we don't see each other but maybe once every other  week now.  She'll be leaving for Chicago next week only to return for two weeks before leaving for good.  Some days I feel as though I made the right decision, others days I'm nearly overtaken by despair and sorrow.  Brothers and sisters, if you find the time and remember, please pray for both of us that the Lord will comfort us and give us wisdom and courage to face our future- whatever that may be.

In Christ,

Gabriel

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Sophie

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »

May the Lord give you both strength and discernment according to His will and mercy.

"Thoughts are like airplanes flying in the air. If you ignore them, there is no problem. If you pay attention to them, you create an airport inside your head and permit them to land!" (Priestmonk Christodoulos Aggeloglou, Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain Mount Athos, Greece, 1998,pp. 29-30, 48)
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2008, 05:00:03 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servants!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy! Gabriel, brother, may the Lord give you strength and healing.

Love never fails.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2008, 05:31:06 PM »

Lord have mercy on Your servants.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:09 PM »

Lord have mercy.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 01:03:36 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy!
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2009, 11:46:30 PM »

Dear brothers and sisters,

This is absolutely by far the most tragic and terrifying ordeal I've yet had to go through.  I've lost both sets of grandparents, gone through my parents' divorce and my own divorce eight years ago.  But I don't know how to get past this one.  The waves of sorrow and depression are relentless to the point I've had to take sedatives just to sleep.  I never really understood what such a loss would feel like until now.  It really is like having my heart ripped from me as I still love her so much.  She left for Chicago last night and these past four days have been so difficult.  I really feel like I'm losing my sanity and filling up with doubt, fear, and such despair.  Sorry for rambling on and being so dramatic.  As you say your prayers, if you remember, please pray for myself and Luminitsa.

Thank you so much,

Gabriel

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 12:18:55 AM »

This is absolutely by far the most tragic and terrifying ordeal I've yet had to go through.  I've lost both sets of grandparents, gone through my parents' divorce and my own divorce eight years ago.  But I don't know how to get past this one.  The waves of sorrow and depression are relentless to the point I've had to take sedatives just to sleep.  I never really understood what such a loss would feel like until now.  It really is like having my heart ripped from me as I still love her so much.  She left for Chicago last night and these past four days have been so difficult.  I really feel like I'm losing my sanity and filling up with doubt, fear, and such despair.  Sorry for rambling on and being so dramatic.  As you say your prayers, if you remember, please pray for myself and Luminitsa.

Thank you so much,

Gabriel

Have you spoken to your priest about this? Perhaps he could reccomend a good Orthodox counselor who could help you through this.

God be with you my brother

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2009, 12:49:38 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

ComingHome
Elder

Faith: Yes

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, grant mercy to this thy servant!
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2009, 04:36:46 AM »

Thank you so much,

Gabriel

Remembrance in my prayers.

Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2009, 04:58:38 AM »

The Lord of mercy and grace turn your sorrow into joy soon. The Lord visit and exalt you and shine His face on you. The joy and light of the Lord's resurrection penetrate your whole life. Amen.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Your faithful servant Gabriel!

Love never fails.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »

Lord have mercy!

You are in my prayers, Gabriel!

Be strong.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »

Lord, comfort and give strength to Your servant!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »

Glory to you o Lord, Glory to you.

Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are you when men revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven.
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »

Lord have mercy on his servant Gabriel and his handmaiden Luminitsa and guide them through this difficult time.

And Gabriel. . . you know that your family at St. Thomas is always here for you. *hugs*

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 09:40:01 PM »

Since the end of February, L and I had been talking almost daily.  For some time now, I had really thought that there might actually be a chance for us to get back together; I had even entertained the thought of moving away and marrying her.  Even though I joked about all the typical guy stuff like 'ball and chain' and 'suffocation', the truth is, I really wanted it to work out between us. 

Tonight, after conversing at length with my priest, I realized that no matter how much I love L, we're just two different people who want different things.  It kills me to think about my life without her; and I feel doubly stupid for attempting to change my mind and now needing to ask for prayers again.  L is a wonderful, intelligent young woman who really deserves the best in life.  Unfortunately that person is just not me and it breaks my heart.

I am so thankful that God allowed me to see the truth in this whole situation, but now I ask that you please pray for the both of us to give us strength and courage to go on with our lives.  Please pray that this pain will bring both of us closer to Him, and that if possible, it is short lived.  Thank you, brothers and sisters.

Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »

Lord, have mercy and compassion on Thy servants, Gabriel and L.! I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you both, after having been together for so long!! Lips Sealed

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »

Lord, have mercy on them!
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »

I pray that through your sorrow and suffering God will bestow His grace on you brother.  Amen.

Juliana
Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »

I've been through this myself, Gabriel (many years ago) and it's a very tough road to travel. But time will heal the pain... trust me. Lord have mercy on your servant, Gabriel.

Douglas no longer posts on the forum.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

Gospode Pomiluj! Amen
Lord Have Mercy! Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2009, 01:01:44 AM »

Lord, have mercy on your servants.

At the end of 2006, I broke up with someone because she deserved to be happy with someone who wasn't me.  Try to look at your situation in a similar manner in that L. will find happiness with someone else, which is not a negative reflection on you.

Lord, have mercy.

Amen!
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:57 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:35 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »

Lord hear our prayers.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
88Devin12
Moderated
Protokentarchos

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »

Lord Have Mercy
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: