OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 04:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paschal greeting in Spanish  (Read 1739 times) Average Rating: 0
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« on: May 04, 2009, 01:59:59 AM »

Sorry, must have hit another thread at bottom thinking was run on thread.  Again, my apologies for raising a stinking corpse.   Wink
Each post has a timestamp on it, so you can see when it was written. In addition, if you click on a poster's username, it will take you to their profile page, where you can see when they registered and when they last logged in. Some posters from long ago are still active, but many are not. Both these tools can be very helpful when deciding when to reply.
ytterbiumanalyst Sir, I noticed your signature " Cristo ha resucitado,en verdad ha resucitado " Spanish for "Christ is Risen, indeed he is Risen". I visited an Antiochian Orthodox website in Chile and there I read, "Cristo ha resucitado, verdaderamente ha resucitado". The priest at the Greek Orthodox church I attend asked me if I could write that in spanish. I wrote it the way you  have it, but I seem to like the latter expression, like the one I saw on the Antiochian website situated in Chile. I have also seen it written, " Cristo resucito,en verdad resucito". Do you have a preference? and do I have to start a new thread for this question ? angel
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:01:26 AM by ChristusDominus » Logged

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »

verdaderamente ha resucitado

This is how I've seen it/heard it (as taught by a Peruvian and a Panamanian to me).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »

Sorry, must have hit another thread at bottom thinking was run on thread.  Again, my apologies for raising a stinking corpse.   Wink
Each post has a timestamp on it, so you can see when it was written. In addition, if you click on a poster's username, it will take you to their profile page, where you can see when they registered and when they last logged in. Some posters from long ago are still active, but many are not. Both these tools can be very helpful when deciding when to reply.
ytterbiumanalyst Sir, I noticed your signature " Cristo ha resucitado,en verdad ha resucitado " Spanish for "Christ is Risen, indeed he is Risen". I visited an Antiochian Orthodox website in Chile and there I read, "Cristo ha resucitado, verdaderamente ha resucitado". The priest at the Greek Orthodox church I attend asked me if I could write that in spanish. I wrote it the way you  have it, but I seem to like the latter expression, like the one I saw on the Antiochian website situated in Chile. I have also seen it written, " Cristo resucito,en verdad resucito". Do you have a preference? and do I have to start a new thread for this question ? angel
Any of these phrasings is correct. "Verdaderamente ha resucitado" is "Truly He is risen." "En verdad ha resucitado" is "In truth He is risen." "En verdad resucitó" is "In truth He rose." I don't see anything theologically amiss with any of them.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: