ROC is going to lift the anathema to Ivan Mazepa

<< < (2/5) > >>

mike:
Quote from: Gorazd on March 22, 2013, 02:49:41 PM

Is that UOC-MP?

The UOC in Ukraine. Sorry, I won't use other terminology.

Do you have a link, or where did you read it?

Here: http://ua.pravmir.ru/v-uzhgorode-otsluzhili-zaupokojnuyu-litiyu-po-getmanu-ivanu-mazepe/

I wonder, was the anathema officially lifted?

The official version is, it had been invalid since the beginning.

LizaSymonenko:
Quote from: MichaƂ Kalina on March 22, 2013, 03:15:32 PM

Quote from: Gorazd on March 22, 2013, 02:49:41 PM

Is that UOC-MP?

The UOC in Ukraine. Sorry, I won't use other terminology.

Why won't use other terminology when asked to clarify?

mike:
Quote from: LizaSymonenko on March 22, 2013, 03:19:56 PM

Why won't use other terminology when asked to clarify?

When I post about the non-canonical groups I clarify whether I mean Patr. Philaret's, Metr. Methodius', Patr. Moses', or Abp. Igor's group. When I post about the UOC I do not use any clarifications because there are no multiple canonical jurisdictions in Ukraine (unlike Estonia or Moldova). Using the "MP" after the UOC's name imply that there are other canonical Churches in Ukraine which is false. And also there is no "MP" in its official name.

Gorazd:
I have never claimed that other jurisdictions are canonical. I strongly prefer UOC-MP for two reasons though: One is clarity and the one is to point out that this jurisdiction is not autocephalous, but autonomous under the MP. I also think it's a good idea to mention jurisdictional appartenance even if there is no reason for confusion.

As for the "official" name, it seems to depend on the diocese. In Donetsk for example, appartenance to the MP is used in official writing. In Kyiv, indeed, you see it often, but not always, without.

Btw, there is another canonical jurisdiction in Ukraine: The Romanian Patriarchate has at least one parish (five?) in Odesa oblast...

But back to the original topic: If the anathema is invalid anyway, why was that street near Pechers'ka Lavra renamed?

ialmisry:
Quote from: Gorazd on March 22, 2013, 09:10:54 PM

I have never claimed that other jurisdictions are canonical. I strongly prefer UOC-MP for two reasons though: One is clarity and the one is to point out that this jurisdiction is not autocephalous, but autonomous under the MP. I also think it's a good idea to mention jurisdictional appartenance even if there is no reason for confusion.

As for the "official" name, it seems to depend on the diocese. In Donetsk for example, appartenance to the MP is used in official writing. In Kyiv, indeed, you see it often, but not always, without.

Btw, there is another canonical jurisdiction in Ukraine: The Romanian Patriarchate has at least one parish (five?) in Odesa oblast...
They are as canonical as Romania's Church and Pilgrim's hostel in Jericho.

Quote from: Gorazd on March 22, 2013, 09:10:54 PM

But back to the original topic: If the anathema is invalid anyway, why was that street near Pechers'ka Lavra renamed?

some people love to cling to old prejudices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page