OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 02:17:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For my job.  (Read 1140 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:26 AM »

My school district is really stapped for cash and there have been talks about a possible reduction in the number of school employees. However, I have been told by the assisstant super indendant that the school board is comitted to saving the jobs of the teachers. He also told me that he has me on his radar and that the principal of the new high school that will be opening in the fall is really interested in having me teach some web based math courses.  Further, my previous principal has told me that the district has done some really hard work in cutting costs to save jobs. Finally, my current principal has told me that she thinks that they want to keep me and that the district has just not determined where this web based program will be located. The old high school? The new one? The Cyber Academy? The half of the old Mid High building that will now be the career tech center?
All of that being said, yesterday I received a letter from the school district with no letter head or stationary. I was told that this afternoon I am to report to the HR department of my school district. The only other person who has recieved this letter is a level one teacher as well. This puts us both very low on the bottom of the totem pole. He asked some people from one of our other schools and they said that this is because they can't find a position for us for next year. I don't know what to think but I am extremely anxious and I don't even know what to do. I am having trouble focusing at work today. The last time this happened I was going through a period of profound change in my life and lost many of things and even some people that were very important to me. I guess my mind unconsciously associates the threat of being laid off with the terrible depression and loss that I experience last time. Please pray that I make it through the day and that I continue to be employed.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:17:28 PM by FrChris » Logged

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:22:29 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »

Lord, have Mercy.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »

Lord Have Mercy!..Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 07:51:33 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »

Thank you all so much for your prayers. It turns out that the school district does not of yet have a position for me for next year. However, the school board is 100% committed to finding positions for me and the approximately 13 other level one teahers that were hired this year. Here are our options:
1. As teachers resign they will place us in those positions. In fact, they will not advertise any open positions in our fields until we are placed.
2. The district is receiving some money from the federal bail out. Most of this will create special education teaching positions and provides us with two options. First, some teachers that are licensed in both regular ed and special ed will probably want to move into those special ed positions leaving regular ed jobs open for us. Second, the district is willing to allow us to apply for intern licenses so that we can take over some of those new special ed jobs and the district will pay for us to take graduate courses to obtain normal special ed licenses while we work as special ed teachers on the inter licenses (same pay on an intern license too). This is a good deal because it basically pays for a large chunk of our masters degrees.
3. If, by the end of the summer, there are still a few of us left without positions, the district will use some of its sub money to hire us on to function as long term subs. We will still maintain our teacher salaries, our benefits, our titles, and our retirement but we will just be working as long term subs. As soon as a position opens in our field we will be moved out of the long term sub position and into that regular teaching position.
All in all, I am amazed that the School district is going to such great lengths to keep us employed that our principals have fought so hard to keep us. I am very greatful. Not particularlly excited about the prospect of moving into special eduation but I am sure God will grant me the humility to do it and that I will learn a great deal more about what it means to love unconditionally. This is all just such a blessing.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »

It's good to hear that the school district is going to such lengths to keep you.  I don't work in education, but I can imagine that, apart from the students themselves, teachers are the school's greatest asset, making the maintenance of continuity among the faculty a very high priority.

Lord, have mercy!
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 03:56:40 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: