Author Topic: EP visiting my church in Asia Minor for the first time in years  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Theophilos78

• Archon

Something amazing happened last Sunday! The EP His All Holiness Bartholomew I came to visit my small Church in Izmir, Turkey for the first time in many years. That was an awesome experience for us. Our small church welcomed more than 300 faithful that day! Below is the link to the short and amateurish video clip I shot at the end of the divine liturgy. The faithful sing Xristos Anesti after the EP's blessing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/theophilos/video/x94y8l_the-ep-visiting-my-church_lifestyle

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
Re: EP visiting my church in Asia Minor for the first time in years
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »
Awesome!  May the Lord Bless the Church in Turkey.  Many Years to his all holiness! 

Offline Theophilos78

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
Awesome!  May the Lord Bless the Church in Turkey.  Many Years to his all holiness! 
Amen! Thanks for your prayers! :)

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
Amen! Thanks for your prayers! :)

I would Guess theres no pews, or are there in your Church...Very nice Video... Axios. Aksios,Aксиос..........
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »

Something amazing happened last Sunday! The EP His All Holiness Bartholomew I came to visit my small Church in Izmir, Turkey for the first time in many years. That was an awesome experience for us. Our small church welcomed more than 300 faithful that day! Below is the link to the short and amateurish video clip I shot at the end of the divine liturgy. The faithful sing Xristos Anesti after the EP's blessing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/theophilos/video/x94y8l_the-ep-visiting-my-church_lifestyle

Thank you for posting this video!
The Lord bless the Church in Izmir (Smyrna) and grant His All Holiness many years!
What a blessing to have an Orthodox Christian poster from Turkey on our forum!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:54:50 PM by ozgeorge »
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »

Christ is Risen!  And the Church of St. Polycarp lives, wearing the Crown of Life and unhurt by the second death....

Many Blessings and Many Years!
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »
What a blessing to have an Orthodox Christian poster from Turkey on our forum!

Too bad we don't have the map function anymore...
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »
Thank you for sharing!  The faithful in Turkey endure much hardship, and my prayers are with you.  What an honor to meet His All-Holiness the Oecumenical Patriarch!

Offline Theophilos78

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »

Thanks to everyone for these nice and encouraging messages and prayers.  :)

@stashko

Brate, we have pews in our church, but they are mostly occupied by old ladies or mothers with babies. Errrm, I should also confess that I go to Church early to get a seat. I do this not because standing is difficult for me, but because I need a place to put my Bible and other stuff (my camera, sun glasses, jacket, etc).  :D

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »
What splendid news. Many years, my new friend.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides