OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 08:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church of Russia to host Metropolitan Jonah April 25-May 4  (Read 1321 times) Average Rating: 0
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »

Church of Russia to host Metropolitan Jonah April 25-May 4

Posted 04/23

SYOSSET, NY [OCA Communications] -- At the invitation of His Holiness, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah will be the guest of the Church of Russia from April 25 through May 4, 2009.

The visit marks Metropolitan Jonah's first official visit to a sister Orthodox Church since his election as Primate of the Orthodox Church in America in November 2008.

During his visit, Metropolitan Jonah will concelebrate the Divine Liturgy with Patriarch Kirill at Moscow's Christ the Saviour Cathedral and at the 15th century Dormition Cathedral in the Kremlin. He also will visit the OCA's Representation Church of the Great Martyr Catherine in central Moscow and the Valaam Monastery in northern Russia, where he began his life and ministry as a monastic.

Accompanying Metropolitan Jonah will be His Eminence, Archbishop Seraphim of Ottawa and Canada; the Very Rev. Alexander Garklavs, OCA Chancellor; the Very Rev. Leonid Kishkovsky, OCA Director of External Affairs and Interchurch Relations; and Archdeacon Kirill Sokolov.

http://www.oca.org/news/1824
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »

al-Masiih Qaam!
Church of Russia to host Metropolitan Jonah April 25-May 4

Posted 04/23

SYOSSET, NY [OCA Communications] -- At the invitation of His Holiness, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah will be the guest of the Church of Russia from April 25 through May 4, 2009.

The visit marks Metropolitan Jonah's first official visit to a sister Orthodox Church since his election as Primate of the Orthodox Church in America in November 2008.

During his visit, Metropolitan Jonah will concelebrate the Divine Liturgy with Patriarch Kirill at Moscow's Christ the Saviour Cathedral and at the 15th century Dormition Cathedral in the Kremlin. He also will visit the OCA's Representation Church of the Great Martyr Catherine in central Moscow and the Valaam Monastery in northern Russia, where he began his life and ministry as a monastic.

Accompanying Metropolitan Jonah will be His Eminence, Archbishop Seraphim of Ottawa and Canada; the Very Rev. Alexander Garklavs, OCA Chancellor; the Very Rev. Leonid Kishkovsky, OCA Director of External Affairs and Interchurch Relations; and Archdeacon Kirill Sokolov.

http://www.oca.org/news/1824

LOL.  Think they will be talking about our little meeting today, and the EP's little meeting in June?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 10:49:59 PM »

Huqqan Qam!

I hope so. Right now, things are looking good!  Smiley Wink
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 04:39:46 PM »

some photos:
http://www.st-catherine.ru/index.php?lang=eng&sitepartid=9&id=1431&level=0
http://www.st-catherine.ru/index.php?lang=eng&sitepartid=8&id=184&level=0
cholmes

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »

Thank you for those links!

rwprof
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA now, Antiochian originally

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 07:24:30 AM »

Nice photos, thanks!

Mark (rwprof) passed into eternal life on Jan 7, 2010.  May his memory be eternal!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 07:37:48 AM »

LOL.  Think they will be talking about our little meeting today, and the EP's little meeting in June?

Maybe they're just getting together to trade recipes.  I hear the MP makes killer Pelmeni.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 08:19:50 AM »

Maybe they're just getting together to trade recipes.  I hear the MP makes killer Pelmeni.

I am sure I have read somewhere that Metropolitan Jonah is visiting the Ecumenical Patriarch also on this trip abroad?   Magiritsa fans?  Grin
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »

I am sure I have read somewhere that Metropolitan Jonah is visiting the Ecumenical Patriarch also on this trip abroad? 

Huh Where have you heard about this?

more pictures:
http://sedmitza.ru/news/681404.html
http://sedmitza.ru/news/683130.html
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:24:17 PM by mike » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »

I am sure I have read somewhere that Metropolitan Jonah is visiting the Ecumenical Patriarch also on this trip abroad?   Magiritsa fans?  Grin

I had heard this too; similar to the new MP's "tour of Autocephalous Churches."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: