OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 03, 2014, 03:38:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EP visiting my church in Asia Minor for the first time in years  (Read 1729 times) Average Rating: 0
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« on: April 29, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »

Something amazing happened last Sunday! The EP His All Holiness Bartholomew I came to visit my small Church in Izmir, Turkey for the first time in many years. That was an awesome experience for us. Our small church welcomed more than 300 faithful that day! Below is the link to the short and amateurish video clip I shot at the end of the divine liturgy. The faithful sing Xristos Anesti after the EP's blessing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/theophilos/video/x94y8l_the-ep-visiting-my-church_lifestyle

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »

Awesome!  May the Lord Bless the Church in Turkey.  Many Years to his all holiness! 
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

Awesome!  May the Lord Bless the Church in Turkey.  Many Years to his all holiness! 
Amen! Thanks for your prayers! Smiley

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »

Amen! Thanks for your prayers! Smiley

I would Guess theres no pews, or are there in your Church...Very nice Video... Axios. Aksios,Aксиос..........

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »

Something amazing happened last Sunday! The EP His All Holiness Bartholomew I came to visit my small Church in Izmir, Turkey for the first time in many years. That was an awesome experience for us. Our small church welcomed more than 300 faithful that day! Below is the link to the short and amateurish video clip I shot at the end of the divine liturgy. The faithful sing Xristos Anesti after the EP's blessing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/theophilos/video/x94y8l_the-ep-visiting-my-church_lifestyle

Thank you for posting this video!
The Lord bless the Church in Izmir (Smyrna) and grant His All Holiness many years!
What a blessing to have an Orthodox Christian poster from Turkey on our forum!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:54:50 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »

Christ is Risen!  And the Church of St. Polycarp lives, wearing the Crown of Life and unhurt by the second death....

Many Blessings and Many Years!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »

What a blessing to have an Orthodox Christian poster from Turkey on our forum!

Too bad we don't have the map function anymore...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

Thank you for sharing!  The faithful in Turkey endure much hardship, and my prayers are with you.  What an honor to meet His All-Holiness the Oecumenical Patriarch!
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »

Thanks to everyone for these nice and encouraging messages and prayers.  Smiley

@stashko

Brate, we have pews in our church, but they are mostly occupied by old ladies or mothers with babies. Errrm, I should also confess that I go to Church early to get a seat. I do this not because standing is difficult for me, but because I need a place to put my Bible and other stuff (my camera, sun glasses, jacket, etc).  Cheesy

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »

What splendid news. Many years, my new friend.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags: Ecumenical Patriarch EP visit  
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: