OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 01:04:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monastery in Bearsville, NY  (Read 526 times) Average Rating: 0
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« on: September 20, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

http://www.ascensionmonastery.org/

I just stumbled upon this site for a monastery about 30-45 min from where I live. It's called Holy Ascension Monastery, in Bearsville, NY.

Has anyone ever been there, or does anyone know about it? I'm mildly confused about whether it's canonical or not, as I know they're celebrating the Nativity of the Theotokos tomorrow, which is the Old Calendar date, but I haven't been able to figure out from this site whether or not this is an Old Calendrist Greek monastery...

Anyone?

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »

That monastery is part of the Old Calendarist group that the owner of the forum Fr. Anastasios is in.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »

Ah. Thanks.

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

You may PM me if you like.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: