Author Topic: Let The Bodies Hit The Floor!!!!  (Read 1835 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor!!!!
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
In years past, we have generally tended to hold on to that Paschal feeling for at least most of Bright Week without getting too out of control with our emotions and pride.  But this year it seems that we are oh so eager to cut each other down at the slightest indiscretion from someone else whether real or perceived.  And why not? No longer do we need to ask for clarification; we have been given the power to know what others' really mean.  No longer do we need to keep our comments in check, we'll just blast away until one of the moderators is forced to intervene.  No longer do we need self-restraint- it's our right to protect our self-interests even if we have to hurt our 'brother' or 'sister' (and really, what's that all about... they're not really related to us right?)  So with the powers that I have bestowed upon myself, I hereby declare the rest of the year open season!  Don't hold back people!  Let everyone know how it is and how it's gonna be!  Push back! Cut 'em down then kick 'em hard!  It's your right!  Who the h@*l do they think they are anyway! Punks betta recognize!   
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline AMM

• Archon
Re: Let The Bodies Hit The Floor!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
I put weed and feed down earlier this year, and it really seemed to keep the dandelions from coming up.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »
C'mon y'all!  Where's the blood and tears?  There are people here who are just begging for a verbal beat down!  Release the hounds!  Release the bees!!  Release the hounds with bees!!!
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:16 AM »
Yes.....Let the hate flow through you.......

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:16:04 AM »
C'mon y'all!  Where's the blood and tears?  There are people here who are just begging for a verbal beat down!  Release the hounds!  Release the bees!!  Release the hounds with bees!!!

You haven't mentioned any buzzwords/phrases.  Here, let me help:

Ecumenical Patriarchate.  Patriarch of Moscow.  Metropolitan Philip.  Beards.  Pews.  Menstruation.  Old Calendar.  New Calendar.  Patriarch Meletios.  Metropolitan Theodosios.  Metropolitan Jonah.  The OCA.  Auxiliary Bishop.  Gurus.

That should do the trick.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:59 AM »

Ecumenical Patriarchate.  Patriarch of Moscow.  Metropolitan Philip.  Beards.  Pews.  Menstruation.  Old Calendar.  New Calendar.  Patriarch Meletios.  Metropolitan Theodosios.  Metropolitan Jonah.  The OCA.  Auxiliary Bishop.  Gurus.

Not quite:
Homosexuality
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »

Not quite:
Homosexuality

Oh, well now that you mention it:

Women in the Altar / Clergy / Deaconate / Priesthood / Episcopacy / Talking in Church / Wearing non-Burkahs.  Pro/Anti Catholic.  Pro/Anti Protestant.  Pro/Anti Tradition TM.  Ultramonanist. 
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:32:18 AM »
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:45:21 AM »
Oh, boy... With the visual aids involved, this thread should really heat up!

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:36:14 AM »

(sings) "Pleeeeeeease release me, let me gooooo. 'Cause I can't take it anymoooooore" :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:36:28 AM by Myrrh23 »
*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator

Offline Myrrh23

• OC.net guru
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 01:41:41 AM »
Yes.....Let the hate flow through you.......

And why not? Isn't the Dark Side suppose to have cookies, cheezburgerz and Santa Clawz? ;)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:46:31 AM by Myrrh23 »
*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 02:26:05 AM »

Offline admiralnick

• Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »
entire thread:

Is OUTRAGE!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

-Nick
The ORIGINAL: "NULL"

Offline AMM

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
I had some delicious lemon soup for Easter and we had a really fun day.  It's supposed to be nice this weekend.

I watched an interesting documentary about Enron the other night.

Offline PoorFoolNicholas

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline AMM

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »
It was taco night at home last night.  I love tacos with Tapatio hot sauce.

Offline EofK

• Mrs. Y
  • Protokentarchos
  • lolcat addict
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:57 AM »

Sharks with lasers?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 01:40:45 PM »

Sharks with lasers?

How about angry trout?

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »

Sharks with lasers?

"Candygram." 

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline truthstalker

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

Sharks with lasers?

How about angry trout?

Now you are getting personal.