OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 09:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whose Orthodoxy, Anyway?  (Read 15986 times) Average Rating: 5
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:26 AM »

This is one of the many innovations of World Orthodoxy, it constitutes an attack against the faith and tradition of the True Orthodox Church. And you are correct, by their innovations in faith and practices, they set themselves outside the Church, and subject themselves to anathema (condemnation)
Condemnation by whom?  I'm kinda of the opinion that an anathema from your church

I've never heard of the Russian Zarist Church before.  Does anyone know where it is headquartered and who leads it?
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2009, 06:27:15 AM »

Condemnation by whom?  I'm kinda of the opinion that an anathema from your church may actually be a good thing

Pravolslav,

I am sure that Peter will apologise since it's unlikely he meant to denigrate the Russian Zarist Church with this implication that your anathemas have less value than other people's.
IPC
Elder

Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RZC

« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

Pravolslav,

I am sure that Peter will apologise since it's unlikely he meant to denigrate the Russian Zarist Church with this implication that your anathemas have less value than other people's.

No, PeterTheAleut does not have to apologize for any of his comments. It's wise not to pry into other people's business, but since you're so interested in the relationship between PeterTheAluet and I, I must tell you the following:

a) PeterTheAleut has been proper, polite and impersonal in his replies.

b) The reason why I said what I said is because PeterTheAleut first gave me a warning, then he moved my posts and the thread from the section they were posted, to here, and all this make me feel he was getting personal, and that he was being mean, and determined to abuse his faculties as a moderator to come after me.

I was wrong about PeterTheAleut, he is a good person. I see I caused all the problems, I got angry, I was aggressive, and mean, and I got personal, and if anyone deserves an appology, is PeterTheAleut.

I'm sorry, I appologize to you PeterTheAleut.

You have been mean and gotten personal in your comments Irish Hermit, and that is not acceptable, it tempts people, and generates a bad environment, I'm glad to see you have reconsidered your attitude.

THIS USER USED THE SCREEN NAME PRAVOSLAV09 BEFORE.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »

Christ is Risen!

Pravolslav,

No, PeterTheAleut does not have to apologize for any of his comments. It's wise not to pry into other people's business, but since you're so interested in the relationship between PeterTheAluet and I,

I honestly don't have an interest in whatever relationship you may have with Peter.  I made a comment on Peter's words that anathemas issued by your church may be a good thing.  I am sure I have the right to make such comments since this is a list for public discussion.  My words were not specifically about you.  They were about your Church. Of course if you are the head of your Church then I suppose that it is about you.   In that case I have to apologise for not being aware of your position in the Russian Zarist Church.  Zemnoy poklon, even though we are in Bright Week.

Would you be able to find a moment to answer the question in Message #135.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »

The answer to this can be found in posts #90-96 on this thread. 'Nuff said.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:24:57 PM by LBK » Logged
IPC
Elder

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2009, 03:52:03 AM »

The answer to this can be found in posts #90-96 on this thread. 'Nuff said.  Roll Eyes

Exactly! Thank you LBK. Sweet!

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2009, 04:57:32 AM »

Here is the question again:

"Ive never heard of the Russian Zarist Church before.  Does anyone know where it is headquartered and who leads it?"

I looked at posts #90-96 and juist could not see any answer.

Could you spell it out for an old codger like me.  Thank you.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »

Pravoslav09. all you've done in these posts is hide behind some lame excuse that your church is so persecuted that you cannot divulge the name of your chief hierarch, nor the location of your jurisdictional headquarters. Not good enough! And with your distorted and false ecclesiology, how can we take you seriously?
IPC
Elder

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »

LBK please feel free to correct and explain what you see as distorted and false ecclesiology.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:34:27 PM by Pravoslav09 » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »

Chris is Risen!

LBK please feel free to correct and explain what you see as distorted and false ecclesiology.

The identification of the Church of Christ with an Emperor.  The Russian Zarist Church.  Pure heresy.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:10:01 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

Dear Pravoslav09,

I admire your tenacity in arguing your case in face of so many counter-arguments.

In my studies and subsequent employment, I specialized in the Soviet Union and its Empire, as well as Communist China. One of the aspects that I looked at rather closely was religious affairs. I have got to tell you that I disagree with almost all points that you have made regarding that episode. Furthermore, with your unwillingness or inability to answer plain questions, you have posed a dilemma to me: I have to consider whether your credibility has been impeached (mainly by your own words). Please understand that I am not questioning your belief that what you say is true. What I am suggesting is that you are very wrong or unbelievable in almost all respects.  Sorry.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
IPC
Elder

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »

Dear Second Chance,

You could enrich this discussion with your knowledge and expertise, and correct what you think it's wrong.

As a scholar, you know it's important to stay focused on the subject and be specific, otherwise we lose track, and it becomes chaotic, as we can observe in many discussions.

Don't say sorry if you didn't do anything wrong, all comments are welcome, but lets stay focused on the subject, we are not discussing me.

Thank you  Cheesy

Tags: Russian True Orthodox Church Old Calendarists Godwin's Law schism New Calendar ecumenism WCC traditionalist 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: