OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 07:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Father tried to commit suicide this weekend  (Read 5580 times) Average Rating: 0
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 11:31:52 PM »

Just to say I was thinking of you  again tonight. Remember, we are all praying for you and your family.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:09 AM »

Lord have Mercy on your servants, and grant them the peace from above!

Keep hope alive friend! God will make a way, for all of you.

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

I just wanted to once again thank all of you for the outpouring of prayers, encouragment, and kind words that you have  provided on this thread. You have truely demonstrated Christian Charity. Things often get heated here at OC.net, but when all is said and done, the love of our common Saviour is each member of this forum.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 10:09:51 AM »

UPDATE: Both of my Father and Mother are set up to get regular counseling and have both have  already attended sessions to see their counselors. Thanks be to God.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:10:16 AM by Papist » Logged

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:32 AM »

UPDATE: Both of my Father and Mother are set up to get regular counseling and have both have  already attended sessions to see their counselors. Thanks be to God.
Glory to God in all things!

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »

Thank God!
_Seraphim_
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Diocese of Western America (under His Grace Bishop Maxim)

May Orthodoxy become our orthopraxis

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

+Lord have mercy

Glory to God!... may He continually bless you all.

"Disputes merely about words must not be suffered to divide those who think alike."
-St. Athanasius (†444)

Pray for Orthodox Unity

"Behold the light of our Agreed Statement on Christology"
http://www.orthodoxunity.org/state04.html
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »

Papist, is there an update to the situation with your family? I hope all is well.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »

Papist, is there an update to the situation with your family? I hope all is well.
Thank so much for asking. My Father and my Mother are both seeing counselors and psychatrists. Unfortunately, from what my Father has shared with me he is not really being honest with his counselors so I fear that he may not be getting the help he needs. I think this dishonesty comes from what ever disorder might be plaguing him. It either causes him to be out of touch with reality, or to be compulisivly dishonest. I continue to pray for him. My mother is working hard with her counselors to overcome this particular episode and she has demonstrated herself to an incredibly strong and faith filled woman. However, it is still hard on her. I worry about their marriage but hope in God's grace. My brothers and sisters are still having a great deal of trouble dealing with my Father because they see what he did as a manipulative act but my mom and I try to remind them that my Father is sick and that it may not have been entirely his fault. I have been staying with them since the event happened in order to help keep the peace but that is wearing on me and I need to move back to my own place really soon. Again, thank you for demonstrating your concern.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »

Thank so much for asking. My Father and my Mother are both seeing counselors and psychatrists. Unfortunately, from what my Father has shared with me he is not really being honest with his counselors so I fear that he may not be getting the help he needs. I think this dishonesty comes from what ever disorder might be plaguing him. It either causes him to be out of touch with reality, or to be compulisivly dishonest. I continue to pray for him. My mother is working hard with her counselors to overcome this particular episode and she has demonstrated herself to an incredibly strong and faith filled woman. However, it is still hard on her. I worry about their marriage but hope in God's grace. My brothers and sisters are still having a great deal of trouble dealing with my Father because they see what he did as a manipulative act but my mom and I try to remind them that my Father is sick and that it may not have been entirely his fault. I have been staying with them since the event happened in order to help keep the peace but that is wearing on me and I need to move back to my own place really soon. Again, thank you for demonstrating your concern.
May God hear your prayers. Lord Have Mercy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:17:46 AM by PoorFoolNicholas » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »

May the Lord watch over your family, and strengthen them to do His will.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »

Dear Chris,

Lord have mercy.

I did not know about this incident until Irish Hermit mentioned it on another thread. I am so sorry to hear about these circumstances.  Is there a possibility of finding a good priest who also has counseling credentials?

I know that you and I have butted heads quite often on various forums, but please be assured that my prayers are with you and your family.

Everything is for man to love Christ and all the other problems are taken care of.  (Elder Porphyrios)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:37:15 PM by Mickey » Logged
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »

Lord have mercy on Papist's parents as they work through this difficult period in their lives.

Amen!
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »

Dominus vobiscum, Papist, and with you family as well. I hope and pray that things are much better now. May our Blessed Mother, Ever-Virgin Mary, hear all of our prayers and lay them before our Lord's feet. Oremus

(I know I have read about this long after the fact, but I still want to offer my prayers)

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 04:24:09 PM »

Dear Chris,

Lord have mercy.

I did not know about this incident until Irish Hermit mentioned it on another thread. I am so sorry to hear about these circumstances.  Is there a possibility of finding a good priest who also has counseling credentials?

I know that you and I have butted heads quite often on various forums, but please be assured that my prayers are with you and your family.

Everything is for man to love Christ and all the other problems are taken care of.  (Elder Porphyrios)
Thank you Mickey I really appreciate. I want you to know that although we butt heads on this forum, I still consider you a dear brother in Christ.
The counselor that my mom is seeing a certified counselor that also happens to be a deacon at our Church. My father is less, shall we say, ecclesial so he is seeing a generic Christian counselor.

Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »

Truly sorry to hear about the problems. Thank you very much for the updates.

May God bless and comfort all your family. May His Divine Wisdom help to overcome all issues.

Lord, have mercy. Dear Jesus, please help this family.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:51:37 PM by Starlight » Logged
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: