Mardukm:
Quote from: ialmisry on June 10, 2009, 11:00:44 PM

Never mind.

Best thing I've read from you.  ;D

Blessings
Mardukm:
Quote from: Irish Hermit on June 10, 2009, 11:54:25 PM

Quote from: Mardukm on June 10, 2009, 11:47:02 PM

My statements are meant to promote unity, unlike certain EO here whose statements are meant to sow discord among apostolic Christians.

Quote from:

And there is the statement of Mar Bishoy, the second senior bishop of the Coptic Patriarchate, that Catholics cannot be saved!!  This has not been repudiated or corrected by the Coptic Church despite demands for such from the Catholic Patriarch of Alexandria.  Again, that would seem to undermine Marduk's claim of mutual recognition.

Well, the statement of Mar Bishoy that Catholics (including you I presume) are going to hell certainly sows more discord between the Oriental Orthodox and the Catholics than any statement made here ever could!!

Yes, it is divisive, especially as the rest of Oriental Orthodoxy does not admit that.
ialmisry:
Quote from: Mardukm on June 10, 2009, 11:58:42 PM

Quote from: Mardukm on June 10, 2009, 11:47:02 PM

My statements are meant to promote unity, unlike certain EO here whose statements are meant to sow discord among apostolic Christians.

Quote from:

And there is the statement of Mar Bishoy, the second senior bishop of the Coptic Patriarchate, that Catholics cannot be saved!!  This has not been repudiated or corrected by the Coptic Church despite demands for such from the Catholic Patriarch of Alexandria.  Again, that would seem to undermine Marduk's claim of mutual recognition.

Well, the statement of Mar Bishoy that Catholics (including you I presume) are going to hell certainly sows more discord between the Oriental Orthodox and the Catholics than any statement made here ever could!!

Yes, it is divisive, especially as the rest of Oriental Orthodoxy does not admit that.

But they are all in communion with the Pope of Alexandria and you are not.
ialmisry:
Quote from: Mardukm on June 10, 2009, 11:55:51 PM

Quote from: ialmisry on June 10, 2009, 11:00:44 PM

Never mind.

Best thing I've read from you.  ;D

Blessings

I knew you would like it.
Irish Hermit:
Quote from: Mardukm on June 10, 2009, 11:58:42 PM

The Coptic Orthodox would seem to believe it.

You will remember that it came on the heels of the statement from Pope Shenouda that none but the baptized (Orthodox faith, triple immersion) can go to heaven.

Mar Bishoy, the Patriarch's right-hand man,  qualified that a couple of months later by pointing out that Catholics and Protestants cannot be saved.

There was a bit of a firestorm from the Catholics in Egypt and even demands in newspapers by the Catholic Patriarch that the Coptic Church deny that Catholics go to hell.

There was no reaction at all from Pope Shenouda.   The sermon of Mar Bishoy was sold on tape in all the cathedrals and churches of the Coptic Patriarchate.   Very popular.  Not one bishop was against it.

This has taken us off topic. We ought to drop it.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page