OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the church's teaching on the jews  (Read 50255 times) Average Rating: 0
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »

The idea is that when you don't know something pray to find the answer

And what if the answer doesn't agree with what you have been posting?

In the end for people of Judaism God is master and for Christians God is Father since through Baptism people have a new birth from God and he promised Christians that as a Father he will provide good things when asked to provide something. Now things that are good may not look good at our FIRST examination. As people , people of judaism, islam, hindu and such have from adam and Eve death and interdiction to enter Heaven. Christians , having birth from God and being children of God have death and this interdiction to enter heaven erased.

Once again you are making statements about other religions without any indication that you have seriously read or learned anything about them.  Who are you to say such things about Jews?  Is this the "Church's teaching"?  or your own particular idea?  

As children of God we had been commanded to bring baptism, that is entrance to heaven and eternal life everywhere , anyhow some societies like India, China, Islam had very good defense of their ideas even if these ideas were wrong or not necessarily wrong

What 'ideas' do you mean?  What are some of the particular and precise ideas from India or China (which are countries/geographical areas and not a religion like Islam) that you think are "wrong" or not necessarily so?

example hindus are crying when dying because they may go to a bad neighborhood. Some stories can be found on google for "hindu near death experiences".

This has been mentioned before and if there are any stories of Hindus having good near death experiences will you accept them or try to dismiss them?

This is a possible destination for non christian people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-VlJnDvuw

A Disney movie??  Are you serious?  Do you know that this video is made up of scenes from "Hercules" (1997) an animated movie with, shall we say, not a lot of attachement to real Greek mythology though very entertaining anyway??

This is where Christians can end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxU3LDDMeaM

M42?? the Orion Nebula?? That's where the first few seconds of the clip are headed.  Yes, I understand that it's an "illustration of heaven" but it looks like animation from a video game.

unfortunatelyy for example Protestantism looks like may have renounced food for eternal life.

Just how much real experience do you have with any form or kind of Protestant Church?  How do you know what has been "renounced"?

Ebor
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:08:37 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
pasadi97
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #496 on: November 19, 2011, 06:00:11 AM »

John 6:53 says in my understanding take Holy Communion for eternal life. Apostles have written Holy Liturgies around Holy Communion.
Protestantism says nothing is enough for eternal life or symbols are enough for eternal life or words are enough for eternal life and such, so what experience should I have of Protestantism when they don't have Holy Communion

If I listen to a sermon in a Protestant Church would make a difference because ...... The problem is that I may not be able to go there since what happens there may be a with problems I don't want to be part of.

History is enough to detect the problem I am saying about, if you know history and know how history works.

History:
Around year 33 Jesus says what is recorded by John 6:53
Before year 60 , Holy Liturgy of Apostle James centered on Holy Communion for eternal life: http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0717.htm
Apostles writting Holy liturgies cenetered on Holy Communion for eternal life: Thomas, Peter, Apostle and Evangelist Mark http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf07.xii.iii.html

For 1500 of year CHurch has celebrated on Sunday Holy Liturgies. NO disident group on the 1500 years had what we know today as Protestantism. None. protestantism did not exist when Jesus came, when Apostles lived, in first 100, 200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1100,1200,1300,1400,1500+ years of the Church.

Without a good education Luther and some people start picking and choosing from Christianity arriving at what today we know at Protestantism, an invention made by people without quality theological education . Proof, the Holy Communion for eternal life is not found in new doctrine.

Many have sayd later in life, including Luther that they had made a great mistake with what they have done .

Jesus established Eastern Orthodox Church in year 33.

God has said, women will give birth in pain, people will work on Earth and such and everybody does that.

Don't take John 6:53 lightly and go get eternal life at the tree of Eternal Life, Eastern orthodox Church that is in Garden of Religions. Don't settle for anything less for you, your family and such.... Don't settle for a sermon instead of eternal life. Don't want to hear in heaven, guys without eternal life prepare to...... And people may say Teacher Luther, Teacher Calvin, using their understanding and power of mind, told us such and such. And they may get the reply: Who's Luther, Calvin, Mohamad? What power does their word have against Apostle's word or against Bible's John 6:53. Sermon is part of service in Eastern orthodox Church however the main part is getting back what adam and Eve has lost.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:34:33 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #497 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »

The Anglicans and Lutherans believe in the Real Presence, so they do have Holy Communion. Do you do any research before you write your posts? Then again, I should know what to expect by now.   Roll Eyes

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #498 on: November 19, 2011, 06:46:21 AM »

In the end,having Holy Communion depends on God comming and transforming bread and wine in Holy Communion. If God does not came, you can believe anything.

Some historical documents say that because of errors, God does not come to transform bread and wine into Holy Communion even in Roman Catholic Church because of errors. This may be supported by Holy Water in Roman Catholic Church needing salt to resist more .  Lutheranism and Anglicanism that are a minority even in Protestantism are even far far far away of teachings of the Eastern orthodox Church. Other Protestants are even farther away.

I really hope Lutheran people and Anglican people and Roman Catholic people and everybody and everyone have eternal life. However this is not for me  oryou to decide this is for God to decide.

So.

Pray: dear God please save me, and move me to the true religion in your eyes and please give me the understanding of all religions on the Earth as you see them. Amen.

While praying a similar prayer I was told, Eastern orthodox Church is the true Church and this is why I am sending Holy Light to it.

You want to play dice with your eternal life, with your children eternal life, is your bussiness not mine. I am giving you something to think about so you can made a great decision you can be proud of in after life.

I say, Jesus says, Calivin, Luther guru and Mohammad say . However what is important is what Jesus says: John 6:53

Jesus established his Church in year 33 in Jerusalem and the exact Church in Jerusalem is today Eastern Orthodox Church. Yearly a miracle comes FROM GOD to that Church, Holy Light showing that this Church is truly Church of God.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:12:03 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #499 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »

Take this:

Jesus planted Tree of eternal life in year 33 in a garden full of  trees. No tree on that garden gave fruit of eternal life before.
In Year 1054 a branch of this tree felt down and it grew bigger than the tree planted by Jesus and looks similar to the tree Planted by Jesus in the eyes opf people however the important thing is if it looks similar in the eyes of God.
In the year 1500+ many branches felt on the ground from the tree that grew in year 1054 and many smaller trees grew out of them.

So you have one choice to make to eat one fruit . You eat the right fruit you get eternal life. You eat the wrong fruit you don't have eternal life. What you do. You go to original tree name Eastern orthodox that was planted by Jesus or you say these trees look simila in my eyes, I want to take my chances. How do you know that looking similar in your eyes is similar in God's eyes if you don't ask God through prayer? The problem Roman Catholic have that may support that Holy Spirit does not come to them is that their Holy water gets deteriorated pretty quickly.

Once you go to judgement you are alone in front of Jesus. No country, Luther, no CAlvin no family, no hubby, no child, no rebelled sick angels called Gods by other reliogions, nobody can help. What they said, what I said is nothing.

Important is what Jesus that is in front of you has said John 6:53, important is if you have make the decision to join his Church , to be baptized, communed, confessed and such.

Important is if you in your life have asked God to show you the truth of all religions and important is if you have asked God for salvation, for what God knows you need and such.

Dear God, please force me to salvation and together with me as many people as possible. Also please let me know the truth about all religions as you know it and to know the true Church in your eyes and please move myself and as many people as possible to this Church without pain or anger however with love and happiness. Please also let as many people as possible know the way you see all religions regarding salvation and where they can find the true Church in your eyes and also please help them move to the True Church in your eyes without pain or struggle however with love and happiness. Please make me and as much of humanity as possible to have what you know we need for all eternities. Amen.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:18:52 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #500 on: November 21, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »

In the end,having Holy Communion depends on God comming and transforming bread and wine in Holy Communion. If God does not came, you can believe anything.

And how do YOU know that God does not do that in my Church, for example?

Some historical documents

What "historical documents"?  Can you give us the names of them so that others can checkt to see of they really say that?  If you can't give such basic and simple information as that, why should anyone believe what you write?

Lutheranism and Anglicanism that are a minority even in Protestantism are even far far far away of teachings of the Eastern orthodox Church.

How? What are these "teachings" in Anglican or Lutheran Christianity?  You continue to make vague statements with NO real information.  What do you really know about the Anglicans?

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #501 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:55 AM »

Protestantism says nothing is enough for eternal life or symbols are enough for eternal life or words are enough for eternal life and such, so what experience should I have of Protestantism when they don't have Holy Communion

I don't follow all of this sentence, I'm sorry.  But for me and my Church, we DO have Holy Communion.  And what would this have to do with the Church's teaching on the Jews anyway?

If I listen to a sermon in a Protestant Church would make a difference

Huh  Have you ever listened to a sermon in any sort of Protestant Church that you know anything about it?

History is enough to detect the problem I am saying about, if you know history and know how history works.

I'd say that I know some of history and how it works and what you have listed is not real history after the first two entries

For 1500 of year CHurch has celebrated on Sunday Holy Liturgies. NO disident group on the 1500 years had what we know today as Protestantism.

First, what do you *mean* by Protestantism?  Can you say in your own words what you think it is?  Second, there were a number of dissident groups in the centuries.

Without a good education Luther and some people start picking and choosing from Christianity arriving at what today we know at Protestantism, an invention made by people without quality theological education . Proof, the Holy Communion for eternal life is not found in new doctrine.

Which other people do you mean?  Luther and others of his time *did* get a good education at various universities.  That is real history, no some vague unexplained statement attached to an accusation.

Many have sayd later in life, including Luther that they had made a great mistake with what they have done .

What did Luther say, what is the context of the quote and where did you find it?  Did you really read this quote for yourself?

God has said, women will give birth in pain, people will work on Earth and such and everybody does that.

And people may say Teacher Luther, Teacher Calvin, using their understanding and power of mind, told us such and such. And they may get the reply: Who's Luther, Calvin, Mohamad? What power does their word have against Apostle's word or against Bible's John 6:53.

This reminds me of the ending panal of a lot of "Jack Chick" comics except that he uses a different passage of scripture.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »

Without a good education Luther and some people start picking and choosing from Christianity arriving at what today we know at Protestantism
Actually, Luther was quite intelligent and quite learned. Smart folks can still be wrong, which he was.

A Disney movie??  Are you serious?  Do you know that this video is made up of scenes from "Hercules" (1997) an animated movie with, shall we say, not a lot of attachement to real Greek mythology though very entertaining anyway??
Par for the course mate.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »

A Disney movie??  Are you serious?  Do you know that this video is made up of scenes from "Hercules" (1997) an animated movie with, shall we say, not a lot of attachement to real Greek mythology though very entertaining anyway??
Par for the course mate.

PP

Sigh.  Maybe so.

I notice that there hasn't been a response to my questions in weeks.  Anyway, I've seen "Hercules" several times so knowing the source material doesn't help bolster any possible shred of attempted "proof" to me. 

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »

For what it's worth, not all movies have to be realistic. I mean, I don't expect an animated musical film to be just like a documentary.  Wink

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »

"But Satan the prince of Tartarus said: Why doubtest thou and fearest to receive this Jesus which is thine adversary and mine? For I tempted him, and have stirred up mine ancient people of the Jews with envy and wrath against him. I have sharpened a spear to thrust him through, gall and vinegar have I mingled to give him to drink, and I have prepared a cross to crucify him and nails to pierce him: and his death is nigh at hand, that I may bring him unto thee to be subject unto thee and me."

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/gospelnicodemus.html

Is it the teaching of the Church that the Jews are Satan's ancient people?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »

Well, the 'Gospel of Nicodemus' didn't make it into the New Testament, so I guess they didn't take it as seriously as the four canonical Gospels.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #507 on: December 16, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

For what it is worth, in my view, the only writings of the early apostolic era which are worthy of the title "gospel of' are the works of the Four Evangelists as recognized by Christians of all stripes. The other writings are just that - writings and just because the History Channel parades them as 'lost gospels' does not mean we should similarly 'honor' them.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #508 on: December 16, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »

For what it's worth, not all movies have to be realistic. I mean, I don't expect an animated musical film to be just like a documentary.  Wink

I agree with you.  However, using a Disney movie loosely based in Greek Mythology to illustrate (somehow) Hell seems to me to be a wild mis-use of the material.   Wink

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #509 on: April 20, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »

The quote that "hence all Jews born into the world do in fact inherit this curse, this special mark of shame for what their ancestors did to Christ." is erroneous teaching!

The Russian Orthodox Church has specifically come out against this. A few years back, it issued a statement that Christ's death and resurrection had the power to save all men from sin. Thus, the concept of inherited blood guilt is alien to the Orthodox Church.

Eugenio,

Can you or someone please point to a statement by the Russian Church or another Orthodox figure rejecting this idea of inherited deicide guilt? It makes perfect sense to me that the guilt would not be inherited, because as with Original Sin we do not believe guilt is personally inherited.
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox pre 100AD

« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »

John 6:53 says in my understanding take Holy Communion for eternal life. Apostles have written Holy Liturgies around Holy Communion.

If I listen to a sermon in a Protestant Church would make a difference because ...... The problem is that I may not be able to go there since what happens there may be a with problems I don't want to be part of.

History:
Around year 33 Jesus says what is recorded by John 6:53
Before year 60 , Holy Liturgy of Apostle James centered on Holy Communion for eternal life: http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0717.htm
Apostles writting Holy liturgies cenetered on Holy Communion for eternal life: Thomas, Peter, Apostle and Evangelist Mark http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf07.xii.iii.html

For 1500 of year CHurch has celebrated on Sunday Holy Liturgies. NO disident group on the 1500 years had what we know today as Protestantism. None. protestantism did not exist when Jesus came, when Apostles lived, in first 100, 200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1100,1200,1300,1400,1500+ years of the Church.

Jesus established Eastern Orthodox Church in year 33.

Don't take John 6:53 lightly and go get eternal life at the tree of Eternal Life, Eastern orthodox Church that is in Garden of Religions. Don't settle for anything less for you, your family and such.... Don't settle for a sermon instead of eternal life. Don't want to hear in heaven, guys without eternal life prepare to...... And people may say Teacher Luther, Teacher Calvin, using their understanding and power of mind, told us such and such. And they may get the reply: Who's Luther, Calvin, Mohamad? What power does their word have against Apostle's word or against Bible's John 6:53. Sermon is part of service in Eastern orthodox Church however the main part is getting back what adam and Eve has lost.

I dunno, I think the RCC was the first Protestant church started in 1054 AD ;-)

If they hear not Moshe and the Nevi'im, neither will they be persuaded by one that rose from the dead.
Tags: Messianic Judaism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: