OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 06:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1004 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia

« on: October 22, 2003, 10:39:13 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new here, I found this place via the Orthodox forum at Christianity Forums! I thought this would be a better place to post, my mind spins sometimes reading all the other threads, everyone is always arguing.

Cheesy

Anyhow, I was taking inquirer classes from October of last year till Pascha of this year. My fiance is GO and I will become a Catechumen soon. I have not been very active in attending Divine Liturgy because I find the priest and the church members to be a bit intimidating, but I have a deep desire to be apart of the true church, and I especially miss taking communion.

I was raised Roman Catholic and have not taken communion for seven years! I have become restless lately and if I could run out and be baptized tommorrow I would do it. My first step however is to attend Divine Liturgy every week, and then ask father, perhaps after Holy Nativity, if I can become a Catechumen so that I may be baptized come Pascha!

Smiley

Father asked me to choose my saints name, my real name is not Christian so I spent some time reading and felt a deep connection with Saint Anastasia of Rome, Protector of Potions. I am sure some of you  may be thinking, why is she being re-baptized? For me it is merely a preference over Chrismation. I know Chrismation is just as powerful and meaningful, but in my heart of hearts, I don't feel I was ever really baptized. I never knew the deep love of Jesus Christ until my first visit to the Orthodox church. It was then that I felt my spiritual life made sense, it was then that my soul was once again awakened to God. For years I felt an emptiness, church and religion were repetitive and mindless.

Then I began to attend Divine Liturgy, observe fast days, and live as an Orthodox Christian. I cannot wait for my baptism and especially my marriage! I hope I can learn a lot from all of you here, I'm sure I will.

In Christ,
Anastasia
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 10:52:40 PM »

Welcome Wink

May God guide you safely home Anastasia !
Justinianus
Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 07:32:27 AM »

Welcome Anastasia!  I pray that you will grow spiritually on your journey to Orthodoxy.  Do not feel intimidated.  Your eagerness for the faith and for our Lord can over come any obstacles.  Spend time talking to your priest and prepare yourself as you stated, by attending the Liturgy, observing the fast days, and live the Christian Life.  Make daily Bible readings and prayer a daily routine and start to read the lives of the saints.  You made a good choice in your name.  Continue to read other saints lives.  In their lives you can see how the Gospel can be lived in any circumstance.

Fear, intimidation, and deceipt are the works of Satan.  Also rember Faith, Hope, and Love  These are from God and can overcome any challenge.

"If we truly think of Christ as our source of holiness, we shall refrain from anything wicked or impure in thought or act and thus show ourselves to be worthy bearers of his name.  For the quality of holiness is shown not by what we say but by what w
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: