OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 06:44:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Monastery on TLC  (Read 3731 times) Average Rating: 0
searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« on: April 04, 2009, 01:48:14 AM »

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find full-length video files of the show "The Monastery" that debuted on TLC in 2006? It was a show about five men of different backgrounds that went to live in a Roman Catholic Benedictine monastery for 40 days. I had never heard of it until today and now I really want to see it but can't find it anywhere online. If anyone's seen it, do you have any thoughts or reviews about it? I might go to a catholic forum to see if anyone knows of it there as well. But first I was wondering if any Orthodox knew of it and what their thoughts, views, reviews, etc. are?

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:16:05 AM »

There was also a companion series, "The Abbey", which followed a group of women who joined a convent. I only managed to see a couple of episodes of each, but I wasn't particularly impressed. But by all means, watch it yourself and draw your own conclusions.
searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:21:06 PM »

I found out on another forum about a British version of "The Monastery". Here's the link if anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uX4HXQDFcE
The show is broken up into 18 parts. But still, if anyone knows where to find online "The Monastery" from TLC or "The Abbey", it would be much appreciated.

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: