OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 12:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: http://newswithviews.com?  (Read 1218 times) Average Rating: 0
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« on: April 01, 2009, 02:25:48 AM »

I'm not sure where to put this, so moderator please move as necessary.

Anyway, I'm seeking some advice. A friend has, quite unsolicited, recommended the above site for commentaries on what is presently happening in the US; their own fears being that the US is a trainwreck about to happen with some kind of communist implications I don't quite comprehend. Not being a particularly political animal, I don't know what to think of the site and as my reading time is too precious to me to spend it on "the sky is falling" senarios, I would appreciate some opinions of the forum members.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 03:49:43 AM »

Having no idea why this hasn't been moved to Politics...I offer the following quote with the full knowledge that this thread should be moved to Politics.

"The Soviet Union and something called communism per se had not been the object of Washington's global attacks. There had never been an International Communist Conspiracy. The enemy was, and remains, any government or movement, or even individual, that stands in the way of the expansion of the American Empire, by whatever name the US gives to the enemy - communist, rogue state, drug trafficker, terrorist."  - William Blum, Killing Hope

I would not recommend that website at all.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »

A friend has, quite unsolicited, recommended the above site for commentaries on what is presently happening in the US;
Looking at the site, it sounds like you need to weed your social garden a bit!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »

The site has a PO Box in Oregon, home of cults like the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh among many others.

I would not visit sites like this one for they could be fronts for cult operations (e.g. join cult and be "immune" from the evils of the world except that the cult is far worst than the world).   
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »

Thanks everyone for your comments. I knew I should follow my first instincts. laugh

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »

Dear Riddikulus,

This site is ridiculous.  If you want to be confronted by a thought provoking contrarian view, you may want to invest a bit of time in the ruminations of Spengler at http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/spengler.html. Again, you don't have to agree with him, not even once, but he will make you think outside the box if that is your pleasure.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »

Dear Riddikulus,

This site is ridiculous.  If you want to be confronted by a thought provoking contrarian view, you may want to invest a bit of time in the ruminations of Spengler at http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/spengler.html. Again, you don't have to agree with him, not even once, but he will make you think outside the box if that is your pleasure.

Thanks Second Chance. Normally, I would just act on instinct, but the site was recommended to me by an Orthodox friend and I thought I owed it to them to check it out. I guess it just goes to show that even we Orthodox aren't immune to paranoia and humbug.

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »

What a  crazy website, shudders!

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »

What a  crazy website, shudders!

username!, Is that you or someone else impersonating you?   Huh
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: