OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:15:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will be graduating tommorow..  (Read 1246 times) Average Rating: 0
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« on: March 29, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »

Tomorrow March 30, at 2pm, I will no longer be the carefree High School student I once was. Cry I'll be graduating, and its quite an emotional thing really. I'm not yet really ready for college. In fact the thought of it scares me so much! But, that's life. Im very much thankful to God, that before I will be leaving, I will be grabbing the awards of being the Salutatorian of our batch, and will also be receiving the "Urian Award", the highest award given to the students of my university. Glory be to God for these things!

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all of you my fellow forum mates for being part of my life!  Smiley Though I live in a place that is very much far from any regular Orthodox contact, I still feel that if I need advice, help, or learning about the faith, all I have to do is post here, or read past post, and I feel like all I had to do was knock on my neighbors door! Thank you so much for being good neighbors to me. Although I don't post much, I want you all to know that my experience here in the forum has been an enriching and wonderful, and has brought me closer and closer to the home I seek, The Church. Thank you so much all!

I ask for your prayers for my future. I pray that even though the course I will be taking is not to my liking, I will be able to exert the best effort, and do what God has intended for me. (I'm taking up Economics though Id much prefer Psychology or Sociology  Sad ) I hope and pray that I will live up to the expectations of my parents and that no vice or temptation or evil, can confuse or stray me away from the paths that I should go.

Lord have Mercy!

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »

Glory to God! Through His grace and your hard work, it is wonderful to know that you are graduating!

And, thank you for posting here as you have! I can only speak for myself, but I have learned things from you, and am glad you are here!

Now, after graduation and a suitable period of rest, get back to work!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:30:07 AM by FrChris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:25 AM »

By the next month I will have been in the same situation as you are now Wink I hope that you will be able to move on without any problems. I don't know how was it in your High School but I enjoyed mine and don't really want to leave it.

Economics is considered as one of the most challenging course (at least it's considered like this in Poland), but it will repay for your effort in the future.

God bless you!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »

Lord have mercy!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Personally, I have enjoyed post-secondary infinitely more compared to high school and hope to continue on with graduate work.  You said you are taking econ, could you minor or double-major with something like psych or soc too?  You will be amazed by the sheer number of students who change majors at least once during their studies, since it is a rather daunting task in your late teens to plan out your future.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Congratulations and all the best.   Smiley
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:20:13 AM »

May the Lord guide you, enlighten you, strengthen you, protect you, and have mercy on you!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:36:25 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

Glory to God! It takes a lot of work to get to Salutatorian, especially in a large school. I don't know how big yours is, but if you put that much work into your college studies and eventually your employment, you'll do great things.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 05:35:48 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers!  Smiley

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »

Dear Sohma_Hatori and Mike, congratulations!!!

May God bless you and help you, guys! Lord, have mercy!

As for me, I have to admit that I hated high school and really enjoyed college and grad school. It definitely gets better. If you like your high school it appears to be a good sign.

Very best wishes, guys!

Economics is considered as one of the most challenging course (at least it's considered like this in Poland), but it will repay for your effort in the future.

Exactly!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »

Lord Have Mercy!...Amen...

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Personally, I have enjoyed post-secondary infinitely more compared to high school and hope to continue on with graduate work.  You said you are taking econ, could you minor or double-major with something like psych or soc too?  You will be amazed by the sheer number of students who change majors at least once during their studies, since it is a rather daunting task in your late teens to plan out your future.
Life has had a way of changing my path in ways I could not have foreseen years ago, so I understand how difficult life planning is at any age.

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: