OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 06:03:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Posts Disappearing?  (Read 2839 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:06:44 PM »

Are there current problems with the Forum's software?

My post of about 2 minutes ago has disappeared, along with the one to which I was responding.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »

Is anybody else having trouble with their postings?

Two of mine have appeared in this thread in the last 15 minutres and now they have disappeared!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:20 PM »

Two of mine have appeared in this thread in the last 15 minutres and now they have disappeared!

No. All my typos are coming through just fine.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »

Not recently, but as I said, a whole post disappeared that I'm trying to reconstruct now.

It's a little strange.  As you can see, my third post has now vanished!  I know it is not a problem at my end since the messages actually appear on the Forum.  Then they vanish after a few minutes.   Maybe the Forum's server is overloaded and behaving erratically?
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:34:22 AM »

Strange!  I see two of my posts have disappeared.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Server ir the software?

Here is what I wrote to Nektarios:

The 90 illegal monks at Esphigmenou will be expelled.  Where to, nobody knows.  Onto the streets of Ouranopolis, where the locals may take pity and provide them with rooms and food.   Onto the streets of Thessaloniki where the elderly ones may die in the parks and back streets

and

I understand that many of these monks are elderly.  They have not been off Athos for 40 or 50 years.  They haven't seen a woman or a child in all those years.  Can they be expected to adjust successfully to life in the "outside" world?   Separated from one another, alone.  The entire stable routine of their lives shattered.  Simply by throwing them out of the only home they have known all their lives will certainly kill many of the elderly and the ill with the stress.  Those who remain will bless the Lord for taking those who were destroyed by it all out of this world.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:37:43 AM »

Strange!  I see two of my posts have disappeared.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Server ir the software?

Here is what I wrote to Nektarios:

The 90 illegal monks at Esphigmenou will be expelled.  Where to, nobody knows.  Onto the streets of Ouranopolis, where the locals may take pity and provide them with rooms and food.   Onto the streets of Thessaloniki where the elderly ones may die in the parks and back streets
Um...I just quoted that. It's above my post about ROCOR taking pity.....

I understand that many of these monks are elderly.  They have not been off Athos for 40 or 50 years.  They haven't seen a woman or a child in all those years.  Can they be expected to adjust successfully to life in the "outside" world?   Separated from one another, alone.  The entire stable routine of their lives shattered.  Simply by throwing them out of the only home they have known all their lives will certainly kill many of the elderly and the ill with the stress.  Those who remain will bless the Lord for taking those who were destroyed by it all out of this world.
Thats in the other thread.....

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:42:55 AM »

No, George,  I wrote it in this thread because the other thread had been locked.

Have you checked the operation of the Forum server?   It is playing tricks, malfunctioning or something.....  It's not you playing games with us, is it? as you admitted to doing with the Poll thread about schism in Antioch in America?
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 06:59:43 AM »

I understand that many of these monks are elderly.  They havenot been off Athos for 40 or 50 years.  They haven't seen a woman or a child in all those years.  Can they be expected to adjust successfully to life in the "outside" world?   Separated from one another, alone.  The entire stable routine of their lives shattered.  Simply by throwing them out of the only home they have known all their lives will certainly kill many of the elderly and the ill with the stress.  Those who remain will bless the Lord for taking those who were destroyed by it all out of this world.

Yes, it does NOW.  George,  I have just checked the cached version of this thread.   My message quoted above formed Message # 46 in this thread.   It ws followed by Nektarios' message as # 47 which mentions Kierkegaard.  That message of Nektarios' now appears at the end of the other locked thread as Message # 196.

In other words somebody with unauthorised access to the software of the forum, or some clever hacker, is playing games and shifting our messages around.  Call the forum police... police
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 06:59:54 AM »

You placed a post in the wrong thread, then you copied it in the same thread and said it was a mistake, so the posts were moved to the thread you intended them to be in.
If a post is removed, it goes into a "Recycle Bin" which all moderators and admins can see the contents of.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »

You placed a post in the wrong thread, then you copied it in the same thread and said it was a mistake, so the posts were moved to the thread you intended them to be in.

No, George.  In this case you are referring to an earlier  which is now Message #190 and # 191 in the older "Esphigmenou Monastery- Should the Monks..."  thread.  This was moved into the new "Possible Solutions to the Issue of Esphigmenou" thread but not by me.  I made a small comment about this and shifted it back to the older thread where I had posted it.

The other post is shown by the cached versions of the "Possible Solutions to the Issue of Esphigmenou" to have been posted there.  From there someone moved it to the older thread.  Likewise Nektarios' was moved to the older locked thread.

Would you explain how either Nektarios or I could post these two messages in the older thread which was already locked?

They were moved there, either by somebody with unauthorised access to the forum's software playing a joke or by some sort of hacker.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:17:21 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:18:58 AM »

Are these the posts:

George,

This is all a bit of a waste of time.  There are no alternative solutions.  The solution has already been decided a fortnight ago by the Court.

The 90 illegal monks at Esphigmenou will be expelled.  Where to, nobody knows.  Onto the streets of Ouranopolis, where the locals may take pity and provide them with rooms and food.   Onto the streets of Thessaloniki where the elderly ones may die in the parks and back streets?

And once they are gone, the legal brotherhood with its five monks may move into Esphigmenou.  

End of story.  Solution found.   Justice and Christian charity have been well served.

The 90 illegal monks at Esphigmenou will be expelled.  Where to, nobody knows.  Onto the streets of Ouranopolis, where the locals may take pity and provide them with rooms and food.   Onto the streets of Thessaloniki where the elderly ones may die in the parks and back streets?

How about they get jobs and support themselves rather than living off of the money of those whom they anathematise?  

I understand that many of these monks are elderly.  They have not been off Athos for 40 or 50 years.  They haven't seen a woman or a child in all those years.  Can they be expected to adjust successfully to life in the "outside" world?   Separated from one another, alone.  The entire stable routine of their lives shattered.  Simply by throwing them out of the only home they have known all their lives will certainly kill many of the elderly and the ill with the stress.  Those who remain will bless the Lord for taking those who were destroyed by it all out of this world.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:21:01 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »

They were moved there, either by somebody with unauthorised access to the forum's software playing a joke or by some sort of hacker.
.....or by a moderator who put them into an appropriate thread....
but then again, where's the drama in that explanation?....

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:24:01 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »

And why would the GOC let them die on park benches?

George, do you mind if I ask?  Do you know how and why my posts are being switched around between the two threads.  I guess that as a Moderator you can check on these things?  Many thanks.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 07:27:32 AM »

We've certainly got some software problems,  This thread has now unlocked itself, again.  Is the server overloaded?
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 07:32:05 AM »

And why would the GOC let them die on park benches?

George, do you mind if I ask?  Do you know how and why my posts are being switched around between the two threads.  I guess that as a Moderator you can check on these things?  Many thanks.

Because you keep going off topic on threads.
One would almost think you were refusing to address issues in them and trying to avoid answering questions by creating smokescreens- but surely you wouldn't do that.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »

.....or by a moderator who put them into an appropriate thread....
but then again, where's the drama in that explanation?....

Ah, the drama.. Smiley

Both my post and Nektarios' post were shifted to the older thread "Esphigmenou Monastery- Should the Monks..."  

At that time the thread was locked and so neither Nektarios nor I could have posted them there.   What was the point of shifting them to a thread where no futher replies could be made?

Now that thread is open again.   Roll Eyes

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »

Because you keep going off topic on threads.

No, I don't.  I may make a reply to some peripheral issue which has been introduced but that's about it.

One would almost think you were refusing to address issues in them and trying to avoid answering questions by creating smokescreens- but surely you wouldn't do that.

No, I wouldn't.  I take some pains to be clear and to offer relevant information.   You only have to look at all that I supplied in the older Esphigmenou thread.   Information from a variety of sources.

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 07:43:59 AM »

No, I don't.  I may make a reply to some peripheral issue which has been introduced but that's about it.

LOL! Cheesy
Most of your posts in this thread have been moved here from both Esphigenou threads.
Still waiting for an answer btw:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,20451.msg305344.html#msg305344

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: