OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 08:20:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site redesign  (Read 3751 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »

I've uploaded our site redesign. There are still some kinks to work out but with Lent half over I figured it was time to get it out.  I will start working on a Pascha one and then a normal one using the familiar blue we all love.

Obviously having a banner above the regular forum layout is a little forced looking, so time permitting I will investigate ways to bring the forum header more in line with the logo...but that will require some editing of the forum source code which is a tedious process.

In Christ,

Fr Anastasios
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:23:22 AM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:31:59 AM »

Excellent job, Fr. Anastasios! Bravo! Thank you!

A really appropriate outlook for the period of Great Lent.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »

It is beautiful!  I like the banner, but it's also obscuring the Most Recent Posts and Replies to Your Posts links at the top of the page in Firefox.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »

It is beautiful!  I like the banner, but it's also obscuring the Most Recent Posts and Replies to Your Posts links at the top of the page in Firefox.

I'm not having that issue.  In fact, it's clearly above the Forum Header for me (in the 'Fox).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:52:09 AM »

Could you let me know:

Mac, Windows, or Linux
Version of Firefox
Screen resolution?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »

I love the banner! Behold the Bridegroom Cometh!
I had the problem of it obscuring the header, but a refresh of the page seemed to fix it.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »

I love the banner! Behold the Bridegroom Cometh!
I had the problem of it obscuring the header, but a refresh of the page seemed to fix it.

Maybe having to look at Jesus will make us all post better Smiley

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Could you let me know:

Mac, Windows, or Linux
Version of Firefox
Screen resolution?

Thanks!

Windows Vista (Sad)
I'll have to check the other two things when I get back home.  It looks just fine in IE6, though.

Edit:  We have Firefox 3, courtesy of Mr. Y.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:08:08 AM by EofK » Logged

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »

Could you let me know:

Mac, Windows, or Linux
Version of Firefox
Screen resolution?

Thanks!
Mine is on Windows 2000, Firefox 3.0.7, 1240x768.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

I just checked with Firefox and I-vil Empire/Internet Deplorer and the header doesn't cover anything in either of those. But I'm been using Chrome because of an alert a while about about a bug in IE.  hmmmm

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »

I use Mac OS 10.5.6, and Firefox 3.0.7, and the banner covers the unread posts and new replies links as well.

In Safari however, it doesn't, and it looks great.  Lately, Firefox has been problematic for me anyway.  I'm starting to hate it.  If she continues to be this problematic, I'm going to divorce her.

Banner looks great by the way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:09:45 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »

This probably has nothing to do with one's browser then, because people are experiencing and not experiencing this problem across browsers.

I think there is a problem in the code somewhere that on certain conditions, it is not displaying correctly, but on others it is (this is supported by the fact that some people hit refresh and it works fine).

I will look in to this further as time permits.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

This probably has nothing to do with one's browser then, because people are experiencing and not experiencing this problem across browsers.

I think there is a problem in the code somewhere that on certain conditions, it is not displaying correctly, but on others it is (this is supported by the fact that some people hit refresh and it works fine).

I will look in to this further as time permits.

It may be useful to ask if this is only happening on one's first encounter with the redesign, and then never happening again, or if it's occurring at random times...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »

The header issue is consistent for me.  The issue is not resolved after refreshing the browser.
VirSpeluncaeOrthodoxae
Da Orthodox Caveman! aka "Cavey"

Jurisdiction: Antioch...for now

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »

That banner is blocking all those menus I used to see.

Medieval, backwards, rigid, narrow-minded Traditionalist, Western Rite lover and proud of it! Make my day.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

What's your browser version, operating system, screen resolution, and have you tried to refresh?

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »

The header issue is consistent for me.  The issue is not resolved after refreshing the browser.

Father A., the header issue has been resolved for me.   Smiley
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 01:26:58 AM »

Looking good after a refresh!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 01:33:23 AM »

It's resolved with me as well, Father.  Thank you.  Smiley

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »

Looks ok on my home PC now, too.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:51 AM »

Father A., the header issue has been resolved for me.   Smiley

The header issue has reappeared.

Could it be a cookie issue?
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 10:33:07 AM »

Interestingly, on my Windows machine at 1024x768 Firefox 3.0 shows the banner/header perfectly.  On my ubuntu box same browser at higher resolution, does not (but only left justifying the banner which is annoying to the eye only).

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »

Everything looks fine today while using Chrome.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
VirSpeluncaeOrthodoxae
Da Orthodox Caveman! aka "Cavey"

Jurisdiction: Antioch...for now

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »

There we go. It's fixed.

Medieval, backwards, rigid, narrow-minded Traditionalist, Western Rite lover and proud of it! Make my day.
Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »

It's never been a problem for me. I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium and using Firefox 3.0.8 as my browser.

Douglas no longer posts on the forum.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: