OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 05:33:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgical Wine  (Read 992 times) Average Rating: 0
irishorthodox

St. Padraig

« on: November 02, 2003, 09:57:45 PM »

I was wondering, in Egypt how is the provision of liturgical wine handled legally.  In addition, I’d be interested in the answer as it pertains to any Muslim state.

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.   Robert Wilensky
Know the difference between success and fame.
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 12:06:13 PM »

I could be wrong here but I believe Egypt is technically a secular state. I believe there are nightclubs and such in Cairo so the use of real wine would not be a problem. Sates under sharia (sp?) such as iran, saudi arabia, and yemen are the ones that can not have alcohol.

I was wondering, in Egypt how is the provision of liturgical wine handled legally.  In addition, I’d be interested in the answer as it pertains to any Muslim state.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: