OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 08:58:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitterness/Backlash "phase" for Converts  (Read 10811 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »

If God doesn't allow the Demons and Satan to test, question, or Judge us in eternity ,once one crosses over,why does God allow them to tempt us while one is alive in the Flesh..... Battling a Supernatural enemy one can't see is a tough Battle.....So why is One allowed and not the Other....God Forgive me if i err ,,why did God put or allow supernatural enemies, Across our paths towards salvation....

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:23:27 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »

If God doesn't allow the Demons and Satan to test, question, or Judge us in eternity ,once one crosses over,why does God allow them to tempt us while one is alive in the Flesh..... Battling a Supernatural enemy one can't see is a tough Battle.....So why is One allowed and not the Other....God Forgive me if i err ,,why did God put supernatural enemies, Across our paths towards salvation....
Perhaps it's not that God doesn't allow them to test us in eternity, but that the demons eventually realize the futility of testing someone who has already passed the test.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:23:24 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

If God doesn't allow the Demons and Satan to test, question, or Judge us in eternity ,once one crosses over,why does God allow them to tempt us while one is alive in the Flesh..... Battling a Supernatural enemy one can't see is a tough Battle.....So why is One allowed and not the Other....God Forgive me if i err ,,why did God put supernatural enemies, Across our paths towards salvation....
Perhaps it's not that God doesn't allow them to test us in eternity, but that the demons eventually realize the futility of testing someone who has already passed the test.

But Christ says the Spirit is willing ,but the Flesh is weak......So since he knows our weakness why would he allow it... Huh

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »

But Christ says the Spirit is willing ,but the Flesh is weak......So since he knows our weakness why would he allow it... Huh
Being tested allows us to strengthen our "flesh", like we strengthen our muscles when we test our muscles by lifting weights, exercising, or running. 1st Corinthians 9:24-27:

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2010, 11:12:40 PM »

Even many of us who believe in the toll houses (figuratively) do not believe that the Demons "judge" us.  We believe that they accuse us.  There is a difference.  In a court, the prosecutor is not the judge.   

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2010, 11:17:48 PM »

I see another toll-house thread in the near future...
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »

I think frustration can set in when one hears about things like toll houses, then hears a story about a hedonist monk who goes to heaven because he did not "judge" anybody & an angel erases all of his sins as he goes, then one reads about the "vision of Theodora" & the toll houses and then wonders what happened to the Gospel amidst all of this mess? So what one can do is cast this mess aside & go back to livng their faith.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:42:48 AM by recent convert » Logged

Antiochian OC N.A.
Tags: toll houses 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: