OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 06:09:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metropolitan appointed for the Diocese of U. K. Europe & Africa  (Read 841 times) Average Rating: 0
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« on: March 19, 2009, 06:16:36 PM »

H.H. Catholicos of the East appoints H.G. Dr. Mathews Mar Thimothios Metropolitan as the Metropolitan of the Diocese of UK, Europe and Africa.

Circular of His Holiness Moran Mor Baselius Mar Thoma Didymus I, Catholicos of the East 
PDF File:
http://mosc.in/images/stories/File/Kalpana%20to%20Europe%20146.pdf

New bishops:
http://www.icon.org.in/php/BishopConsecration2009.php

Interview with H.G. Dr. Mathews Mar Thimotheos:
http://www.icon.org.in/php/HGMathewsMarThemothios.php

Sincerely
Paul
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:34:27 PM by paul2004 » Logged
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »

Where in Africa is the Indian Church involved in?

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
surajiype

Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »

Mina,

Primarily South Africa and some small congregations I think in Kenya.  It is all for our people in the diaspora, no mission work yet(though I hope we do something soon).

Your Coptic bishop in South Africa has been a great pillar of support for our communiy, His Grace was instrumental in encouraging our people to start a parish and has visited often. There were some pictures on the Coptic South Africa diocesan site.

Suraj
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

Mina,

Primarily South Africa and some small congregations I think in Kenya.  It is all for our people in the diaspora, no mission work yet(though I hope we do something soon).

Your Coptic bishop in South Africa has been a great pillar of support for our communiy, His Grace was instrumental in encouraging our people to start a parish and has visited often. There were some pictures on the Coptic South Africa diocesan site.

Suraj

Yes, I heard that HG Bishop Antonios Markos prayed the first liturgy in the new Indian Orthodox church in South Africa.

Congratulations on your new bishop.  Axios!

God bless.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags: Indian Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: