OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 05:10:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SDMPNS's Concerns about Metropolitan Jonah  (Read 4272 times) Average Rating: 0
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:19 AM »

I pointed out that it was more practical to place missionary work under Moscow which has greater resources and finances, much more laity and many more clergy who can go to the mission field.

Purportedly greater resources and finances, and more clergy and laity (so they claim) all of which would be available AFTER the Russians catechize themselves, again? Then the 80-90 million Turks await missioning...exactly a big reason the patriarch remains.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 06:25:37 AM »

I pointed out that it was more practical to place missionary work under Moscow which has greater resources and finances, much more laity and many more clergy who can go to the mission field.

Purportedly greater resources and finances, and more clergy and laity (so they claim) all of which would be available AFTER the Russians catechize themselves, again? Then the 80-90 million Turks await missioning...exactly a big reason the patriarch remains.

Dear Aristoklis,

As we have heard from ozgeorge, the holy elder Paisios (and others) have prophesied that Russia will invade Turkey and take Constantinople.   After these events I would imagine it will be the time of missionising when the Gospel is finally offered to the Turks.  God grant it.
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.   Very good.   Cheesy
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 08:55:35 AM »

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.   Very good.   Cheesy

We apparently possess a similar sense of humor.  Wink

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »

Dear Aristoklis,

As we have heard from ozgeorge, the holy elder Paisios (and others) have prophesied that Russia will invade Turkey and take Constantinople.   After these events I would imagine it will be the time of missionising when the Gospel is finally offered to the Turks.  God grant it.

Not to be rude or anything but outside of Georgia and maybe some other small surrounding countries, I don't think Russia is going to invade anything.....

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »

Dear Aristoklis,

Not to be rude or anything but outside of Georgia and maybe some other small surrounding countries, I don't think Russia is going to invade anything.....

Not to mention an invasion of Turkey which, probably, would spur attacks by Muslim groups and possibly Middle Eastern Nations, and which would push the nation into the Muslim-governance camp (as some of the wars with Russia have done to other nations).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

It's kind of upsetting that you find the prophecies of Greece's holy elders funny.  Ozgeorge has referred to this particular prophecy a couple of times.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »

Not to mention an invasion of Turkey which, probably, would spur attacks by Muslim groups and possibly Middle Eastern Nations, and which would push the nation into the Muslim-governance camp (as some of the wars with Russia have done to other nations).

I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of the fulfilment of the prophecies of holy Greek elders of last century.  Ozgeorge would have a much greater understanding and could explain them to us.  Somebody else whose name eludes me was writing about these propheces too.
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »

You certainly aren't going to find me cheering on the start of WWIII, even if somebody calls in it advance; whether it's a monk somewhere or Jack Van Impe.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

You certainly aren't going to find me cheering on the start of WWIII, even if somebody calls in it advance; whether it's a monk somewhere or Jack Van Impe.

Well, I'm not cheering it on either.  But if these Greek prophecies are genuine then it is ce sera sera and get out of the way of the tanks.   If memory serves, the Greek Saints say that 1/2 (or is it 1/3?) of the Greek nation will be killed, which kind of points to the fact that this is going to be a really nasty event.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:11:07 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »

I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of the fulfilment of the prophecies of holy Greek elders of last century.  Ozgeorge would have a much greater understanding and could explain them to us.  Somebody else whose name eludes me was writing about these propheces too.

I don't pretend to understand the prophecies either.  I just don't spend too much time thinking about them - live my life, and if/when they come true, then God be praised.  And if/when they don't come true, then God be praised.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: